Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 December 2014
Absolutely perfect album from a far better time. Far better. When none of this rubbish existed, none of it, there was four channels on telly if you were lucky and some sort of focus. Ben Watt is a genius guitarist and arranger and Tracy's voice sublime, while conscience and concern were still allowed in them days. There was little hope then for humanity, with paedophile's friend Thatcher in charge here and Reagan in the U.S., but there was hope.
on 15 February 2005
I love this album would have had 5 stars if only the track "heaven help me" wan't missing - you should buy this in the US version and get the two extra tracks
on 6 October 2003
Eden is my favourite EBTG album but I remember this album as being responsible for the best live performances by the duo, backed by some 80's oddball stalwarts they hit the stage of the Hammersmith Odean as if they were Deep Purple (but without the dry ice, mood lighting and smoke machines - and were all the stronger for it). The production is a step up from Eden too, imagine being able to hear all the sounds of a city delivered to your ears in tune - the effect of 'Love Not Money' is a bit like that at times although far less intimate than 'Eden'. And Ben Watt's mock Irish folk song 'Sean' may jar on some ears - if I had this on CD rather then my old original cassette I might be tempted to skip the track (and play 'When Alls Well' twice instead). The sentiment of 'Show Me' may be a bit much for some as well but you cannot fault EBTG for commitment, no pandering to the political mood of the times here. The cassette had two bonus tracks, an even slower cover of Chrissie Hyndes''Kid' than the original but very atmospheric and an original EBTG song, shame they are not included here. The single 'Apron Strings' came from just before the recording of this album and would have fitted well on the CD also. In closing, maybe the only reason this album does not rate five stars is that it suffers in comparison to the sheer quality of songs that made up 'Eden' so if you are new to early EBTG buy this album before you buy 'Eden'!
on 24 January 2016
GREAT X
on 31 December 2009
I HAVE THIS ON VINYL AND DON'T WANT TO HURT IT SO I BOUGHT THE CD. GEE WHAT AN ALBUM. I PERSONALLY THINK THIS ALBUM IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER. PROPER MUSIC!
on 27 June 2011
This album is a masterpiece as much to me now as it was when I first travelled the world with it on my headphones in the 90s!
on 22 June 2010
The orignal cd got lost in the post. Emailed the company, had a reply within 1/2 an hour and a replacement came within 2 days. Thank you.