5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly best of but still enjoyable
This collection contains a few of Tammy's own songs, together with a selection of covers of other people's songs, all delivered in Tammy's distinctive style.
Published on 3 Mar 2005 by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad a bit sugary
I chose this rating because I was a little disappointed in the content of the album.
I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.
Published 19 months ago by THE BISHOP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly best of but still enjoyable, 3 Mar 2005
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
So here you get some of the classic songs that Tammy recorded in the sixties -Apartment number nine, Your good girl's gonna go bad, D-I-V-O-R-C-E, I don't wanna play house, Stand by your man and The ways to love a man. These were among the songs that made Tammy a major country star in America in the late sixties, though it was not until 1975 that Tammy had a UK hit. Somewhat belatedly, Stand by your man became a number one UK pop hit and was followed up the charts by D-I-V-O-R-C-E (number twelve), I don't wanna play house (a minor hit).
Of the other songs here, Another lonely song is one of Tammy's country hits from the seventies but all the remaining songs are covers. Sometimes when we touch, a duet with Mark Gray, became a country hit for Tammy and Mark in the mid-eighties. The original version (by Dan Hill) had been an international hit in 1978.
The covers include There goes my everything, Ode to Billy Joe, No charge, Honey, Crying in the chapel, Help me make it through the night, Hey good looking and Crying in the rain, all of which are well-known to Brits via other versions. Country fans will also recognize Funny face (Donna Fargo) and maybe also Please come to Boston (Dave Loggins).
This is a nice collection, but if you want to hear Tammy singing her own classics, you will get many more of them on other compilations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tammy Wynette., 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
Most of her best songs were on here though one or two I remember from an album my mum had when I was kid were not on there so I was only a taj disappointed but generally good album, worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly the very best of, 19 Oct 2010
Mrs. M. Walsh "Maw." (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
Apart from the definative collection, this is the best Tammy Wynette cd about today. It has nearly all of her greatest hits, apart from the KLF collaboration on "Justified & Ancient" and it really is an excellent cd. It has "Apartment No. 9" "Stand by your man" "I don't want to play house" "No charge" "Your good girl is gonna go bad" "Help me make it through the night" and unfortunately "Divorce" It has a number of other well known covers but all of which are superior to "Divorce" the only real dud in an otherwise very good cd. If you like Tammy's voice, then this is a very solid cd of very good songs, performed by a great country singer, and with an eighteen track song list at the prices it is available on Amazon, you would be hard beat to better this item. I have no hesitation in recommending this cd, and if your a "Tammy" fan this cd is probably in your collection. Yours, Mrs. M Walsh. "Maw".

5.0 out of 5 stars taamy wynette greatest, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
this is a first class album of tammy wynette at her best she still is the queen
of all country and western would recomment to all fans

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD!, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
Tammy Wynette has a wonderful voice and all the songs on this CD are excellent. The price is so much cheaper than in the shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of Tammy Wynette, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
choice of songs on the CD and the sound was so good, what I expected and more, I am so glad I purchased it

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a listen, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
Would recommend this CD to fans of Tammy Wynette, what a loss she was to the world of country music

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Tammy Wynette's best albums., 17 May 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
A wonderful album with all the old favourites. Very pleased and can't stop playing it. A really good buy. Thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad a bit sugary, 9 May 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Country Music!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Best Of Tammy Wynette (Audio CD)
I choose this one because I do love Country music but I had never bought any before. Oddly one day I just decided to order some and this was one of them. Its a great CD and I would recommend it to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Best Of Tammy Wynette
The Best Of Tammy Wynette by Tammy Wynette (Audio CD - 1996)