5.0 out of 5 stars The Hollies Greatest Hits
It does what it says on the tin - all of the Hollies hits, plus a couple that I couldn't remember. Pure nostalgia from one of the top pop bands of the 60s, and a very entertaining CD, well worth the price.
Published on 26 July 2010 by M. Hatt

3.0 out of 5 stars The Hollies' Best
All the hits and chart toppers and some others that are more easily forgettable. 26 tracks in all. Good value.
Published 1 month ago by Dr. Gary S. Shea

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hollies Greatest Hits, 26 July 2010
M. Hatt (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Air That I Breathe: The Very Best Of The Hollies (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollies - The air that I breathe, 14 Nov 2011
This album brings back memories of the 60's & 70's. The music is pure pop, like a breath of fresh air. If you remember anything of the music of the era & especially the Hollies, this is a real gem. Put it on and let the years drift away!

5.0 out of 5 stars 60s and 70s Hollies Classics, 18 July 2011
One of the greatest British pop bands ever - has all the old classics on it and the remastering quality is excellent - great buy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 2 April 2012
Oh what memories these songs bring back. The Hollies for me were my favourite group in the 60s and 70s and I well remember saving my pocket money to see them in concert. Tony Hicks was, and still is, one of the best guitarists around. This album covers most of my favourite songs plus a few extra. Definitely worth the money and my 2 year old grandson loves dancing along. Music for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLLIES THE AIR THAT I BREATH THE VERY BEST, 17 April 2012
CD IS EXACTLY WHAT IS SAYS ON THE LABLE. A MUST FOR ALL THOSE WHO REMEMBER THE 1960's AND GREAT THAT IT HAS BEEN PRODUCED ON ONLY ONE DISC MAKING IT VERY CONVENIENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong with the Hollies!, 2 Nov 2011
This CD serves as an introduction to the music of this fantastic group. The song selection is very good and presents the listener with some of the most popular hits. The only problem with this CD is that it is what it is: a single disc compilation, and I'm sure you'll want more Hollies as soon as these songs get into your heart. In that case, I'd recommend the 3-disc "Special Collection" or even the 6-disc "The Clarke, Hicks and Nash years" which are all reasonably priced. However, if you are looking for a concise representation of the band's output, this is a no-brainer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very underated band, 7 Nov 2010
Mr. I. Willoughby "Willows" (London) - See all my reviews
I know this has been said before, but when people refer to the 1960s, it always seems to be the Beatles or the Stones man? What about the Kinks, Manfred Mann and the Hollies? The Hollies have kept going almost as long as the Stones and have shown that without Graham Nash they are a great band. It wasn't all peace and love and just some good to listen to pop goes a long way.

4.0 out of 5 stars There's Lots Of Hollies Compilations Out There, This Is As Good As Any!, 30 Jan 2012
J. Thompson "Willingale" (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
No one who lived through the 1960s is likely to have forgotten TV programmes such as Ready Steady Go and Top Of The Pops.
Along with mega favourites The Beatles and the Rolling Stones were many other acts of varying quality and longlivity.
For example Billy J Kramer, Gerry And The Pacemakers, The Dave Clark Five, Hermans Hermits and Freddie And The Dreamers fell my the wayside while The Who, The Kinks, The Serachers and The Hollies had more to offer.
The Hollies major on strong vocal harmonies, gennerally bright optimistic songs, with mostly good production standards. Only one or two tracks are not presented well such as Searchin' and Jennifer Eccles is maybe their weakess single.
Tracks to enjoy over and over again are Just One Look, Yes I Will, On A Carousel, King Midas In Reverse, The Air That I Breathe, Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress, I Can't Tell The Bottom From The Top, the list just goes on, and the 1993 track, The Woman I Love is worth having too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia Trip, 14 Mar 2010
Mr. James West "Nebulous" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was a child of the 70's,and liked a lot of the punk spin-offs, but even then a secret pleasure was The Hollies. I used to play one of their tapes in my car. Being young, summertime driving, with the sun shining, with this on, and pretty much carefree, made me feel on top of the world.

I got a Sony Walkman for my Christmas, and it's amazing how much of my youth I'm able to relive just by loading the right music. I have always driven everywhere, but I'm using the train a lot now, and music like this makes it not just bearable, but actually enjoyable!

The title track, He aint heavy he's my brother, Sorry Suzanne, Stop Stop Stop are all great tracks, but my absolute favourite is (I love) Jennifer Eccles.

I can't see any downside here at all. 26 songs, most of them great, at a very keen price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014