5.0 out of 5 stars A great comeback..., 14 Jun 2006
Mme Sonia Thuery "soniaandree" (Bourgogne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
Shame it did not get enough publicity then. The fact that her compilation/best off ("Twelve Deadly Cyns") came out around the same time did overshadow the new album. Fact is, it was a completely new type of music, far from the old 80s pop era, but then again, it was the same problem for many artists (including Kylie Minogue) who tried to break from the mould they had been given.

This album gives us a great example of what Cyndy would have given us, had it not been for the public going for other things at the time.

All in all, great performance, fantastic songs, a highly recommended buy and, I must admit, a bit of nostalgia.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have always loved Cyndi Lauper's voice..., 10 Dec 2003
Bilu "Bilu" (Brasilia Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
...and in 1993, when I bought this album by chance (I never knew about it's release, I happen to stumble on it on a cd store and was so happy that I was gonna hear more from my favorite artist ever) I was astonished about how her inner voice matches so much her amazing vocal abilities. Cyndi is not only a wonderful voice, she is also a wonderful writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars ASTOUNDING...ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER MADE, 27 July 2008
S. J. Pinder "scifihorror fan" (Cornwall,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
well Cyndi really out did herself with this album...its absolutely FANTASTIC.
it delivers on all levels as she leaves the Punk attitude to music behind her and delivers some of the best songs known to man...its astounding on many levels.
the fact that the tracks have a personal feel to them and deal with very controversial themes really gives this album the edge it needs and it really works.
GENUINLY BRILLIANT

Like I Used To-5/5
Someone Like Me-5/5
A Part Hate-5/5
Hat Full Of Stars-5/5

as you can see the tracks here are sheer perfection,only matched by her following album Sisters of Avalon,and just beaten to the chase by the astounding BRING YA TO THE BRINK.

its music at its best and i recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
As Cyndi has said before, Tommy Mottala said to her 'go and make your Graceland'. Cyndi did, but with no promotion from Sony (Tommy was too busy with Mariah Carey), it didn't do as well as other Cyndi albums. I would have to say that this is her best album by miles. It starts off with 'Thats What I Think', one of the catchiest songs ever, then we have 'Sallys Pigeons', one of the saddest songs I have heard. If you want to buy an exceptional album, here it is :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Album, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hat Full of Stars (Audio CD)
Some really good songs on this album! However, I'm not fussed on the song 'Lies'. Apart from that, this album is amazing!!

Hat Full of Stars
Hat Full of Stars by Cyndi Lauper (Audio CD - 1996)