5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch album for dance music fans
I was recommended Leftfield's second release, Rhythm and Stealth, by a friend who wasn't really a fan of dance music and, having not seen that album in the shops, bought this one instead first. I was impressed from the start, yet this album has grown on me since then. It is an entirely unique record - a seamless blend of high-quality dance and ethereal chillout from a...
Published on 24 Feb 2003 by greggen

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
not for me
Published 1 day ago by richard hortonh

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a very classy, polished album that everyone should try out, 16 Dec 1999
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
Whether you think you like "dance music" or not, try this album out. It has sublimely rich and powerful bass lines, interesting vocals, excellent rhythms, very classy use of synths and, overall, has a deliciously mellow vibe ! I've listened to it countless times and although I worry that I might be tiring of it, I never do. It has taken pride of place in my top ten CDs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakthrough album, 15 Nov 1999
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
This is a classic album going down as one of the most influential, it is certainly a favourite of mine. This album is one of those rare ones that actually take you through a journey I could only compare this to the likes of Pink Floyd, it is a journey that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable in fact you can listen to it again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Electronica, 26 July 2009
J. S. Khera (London. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
One of my favourite electronica groups, The Crystal Method, have said that Leftfield are the best group ever to have made music in this genre. After listening to this fantastic album, I can see where they were coming from!

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY BREATHTAKING ! ! !, 4 Nov 1999
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
Never have I purchased an album of such unrivalled quality - from the smooth tones of 'Release the Pressure' to the sublimely rough beats of 'Open Up'; this is an album that should be in every collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite CD EVER!!!!, 23 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Leftism + Bonus Disc (Audio CD)
I borrowed the CD in order to tape it for a friend, the next day I went out and bought it. A month later I fell in love and made the Album an integral part of a compilation tape proclaiming my philosophy and feelings. As techno goes it has far too much paganism, earth and spirit to be techno. It has energy and spirit as timeless as Bethoven - anyone who says that this is not of the same calliber either hasnt heard it or has no soul. If you want goose pimples and butterflies in your stomache whether you're listening on a walkman or 250watts per channel I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 July 2014
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
Quick delivery, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definitive album, 16 Oct 2000
Smiff Desine (Birmingham, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
My purchasing of this CD was once and always will be a breath of fresh air, since I bought it in '95 it's rarely left my CD Player for than a week. With awesome ground-breaking tracks like 'Storm 3000' this album along with Massive Attack's 'blue lines' album, really paved the way for another of my all time favourite albums, Hybrid's 'Wide Angle' -I can't empasise how much you should by this album also, if it doesn't blow your mind you need to go and see a doctor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug 2014
What an Album!

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 27 Aug 2014
not for me

5.0 out of 5 stars what was the sky like when you were young?, 17 Jun 2006
PAUL MCLUCKIE (ABERDEEN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leftism (Audio CD)
Pretty much the same as it is now, yet there are some people who neither now or then have even bothered to take a look. Just like they have never bothered to take a listen to this album. Still I'm sure some will have their reasons or distractions of another sort. Shame! afterall for there are so many beautiful things to appreciate in this song of life. This album is one of them. If you ar eone of the lucky ones then be glad that you are. For those who remain distracted - HELLO!!!!! take a look - at least in the used/new section and you will thank me eternally for telling you this!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Leftism
Leftism by Leftfield (Audio CD - 2000)