Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 November 2000
DJing in Glasgow around 1993 I found a promo of Halcyon on a trip to Edinburgh. The track contains a sample from Opus III "Its a fine day" backwards - somehow it works, like their live version that combined Blinda Carlise "Ooh baby" - If you like modern dance/techno that breaks the mould - this is one of those that set the scene for the late ninetys and beyond. A must buy.
on 18 May 2007
I must admit the first song I heard from Orbital was Halcyon + On + On, which still remians my favourite Orbital song (despite this being the only Orbital CD I own - they are very hard to find in Australia).

The first truly great track is Planet Of The Shapes, which seems to be all about maths and physics, which is fine for me because I do have an advanced degree in science (soon). Lush 3-1 and Lush 3-2 retain the high quiality of the previous tracks, but as stated earlier Halcyon + On + On is the best track on offer. It begins very light and atmospheric, but it takes you to another dimention when the bass enters, and is simply the best techno song ever, not that it defines the gener by any means.

Highly recommended for anybody

9 / 10
on 19 October 2001
First discovered along time ago in 1996 by me, I found this album to be the main yardstick to which all future electronica albums were measured. There is a not such a fine line between dance and Orbital, because, basically, dance music - a term widely, and insultingly used for electronica - is bad. Not just bad-bad, but REALLY bad. This album is not.
To the untrained ear, it sounds the same. Yeah, right, that is like saying Tangerine Dream are the same as Autechre. Well, I think that this album is fantastic.
Truly immersing the listener in a beautiful array of melodies, and beats, without ever concentrating too much on one particular style, like constant drum and bass, or trance. The first and last track are unique - that's for sure - and happen to be just a little too extreme for me, but the rest of it, from Planet of the Shapes to Halcyon, is amazing. Lush to Remind is one continuous track, and contrary to what it says below, do not skip either Walk Now... or Monday.
I definately feel that Orbitals' second collection is a true landmark in electronic music, and I wish that if some ignorant people would just open their minds for a second, then they could appreciate what a masterpiece this is.
Personally, I like most styles of music, from Mozart to Madonna, from Steely Dan to Stereo MC's and from Rage against the Machine to Underworld - so I managed to open up that much.
on 28 April 2013
I'm new to this band and think both this and wonky are brilliant. I would strongly recommend them to anyone.
on 20 May 2011
BACK IN 93 I WATCHED GLASTONBURY ON C4 AND ORBITAL CAME ON . UP TIL THAT MOMENT TECHNO HAD NOT INTERESTED ME AT ALL, IN FACT IT WAS ALWAYS DELETED FROM MY JOHN PEEL, RIP ,SHOWS I USED TO RECORD. ANYWAY I LAY THERE THIS NIGHT WITH MY YEAR OLD SON WATCHING ORBITAL DO LUSH AND I DRIFTED . 3 YEARS LATER A FRIEND ,STAN, LENT ME THIS ALBUM AND ALL HE SAID WAS ,"ITS PROB THE BEST TECNO ALBUM SO FAR. HE WAS RIGHT AND LIKE FLOYDS , D S O T M , IF ONE TRACK OFF THIS ALBUM PLAYS THEN I HAVE TO LET THE WHOLE THING PLAY TIL END . MY ONLY REGRET IS I DIDNT MANAGE TO SEE ORBITAL DO THIS LIVE . ENJOY .
on 6 April 2016
The greatest album from the greatest electronic band of all time. Absolute genius!
on 4 November 2014