Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 August 2003
The only criticism I can level at Interplanetary Meltdown is that it doesn't flow quite as well as the proper albums. But then again, it is simply a compilation of remixes of TGU tunes and a couple of oddities.
The very first remix of International Times (Lionrock Mix) kicks off with a recognisably TGU feel but with the funkiest bassline you've ever heard. From there, some are great, some are good, but the high point for me is the breathtaking TGU remix of Grotus track Rasa Bliss. Truly an epic dance track. Also worthy of note is the remix of Headbutt track One Day Old featuring heavily sampled didge and the utterly foot-stomping Zombieites remix.
If you are already a TGU fan, get it bought. If not, start with one of the albums and follow it up with this...
on 2 January 2014
All great tracks....but been given tweaks to turn them into a compilation of top mixes....
Stand out faves...Templehead, Sirius B as they're off Dream of 100 Nations, possibly my favourite album of all time...!!!!!
International Times is mighty fine too......if you've not got the Album, it's well worth a buy!!
I have said with my - ideas of - reviews in the past, music is an incredibly subjective thing ..........Meltdown might not tickle your fancy but every track certainly floats-my-boat.. Enjoy!
on 26 January 2014
This takes me back to good times! International times! Just love this CD it is amazing! Would recommend to anyone thinking of buying