4.0 out of 5 stars Willie Dixon's voice brings these blues to life, 20 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: I Am the Blues (Audio CD)
This is a very enjoyable album to listen to on a long drive or on a warm summer evening, accompanied with a glass of wine. It provides no fireworks, rather a solid and thoroughly professional rendition of some of the titles made famous by others. Jim Morrison sounds much less restrained when he sings "Back Door Man", Ten Years After are more engaging on "Spoonful", and Muddy Waters really makes "I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man" rock. What Willie Dixon does in this album brings all of the above together on equal footing, and his deep, warm and husky voice is certainly something none of the others have. I don't have any of the other albums by Willie Dixon, so I can not compare this one to the others. On its own, however, I very much recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars writer of these originals!, 17 Mar 2013
E. Beaumont (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Am the Blues (Audio CD)
not quite the voice of muddy or wolf but the originals from the writer. these are the songs how willie dixon intended them to sound. interesting but less dramatic/ more laid back than the covers by his more famous label mates.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the blues, 28 July 2013
This review is from: I Am The Blues (MP3 Download)
Without the likes of Willie Dixon who knows where the blues would be today. He produced some of the great standards that bands like Led Zeppelin and Jeff Beck still play. Willie helped make blues the force it is today and for that we should be grateful. A must for true blues fans.
David Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant cd, 20 May 2014
This review is from: I Am The Blues (Audio CD)
I had this on vinyl - cannot believe took so long to get it on Cd. A truly great album by one of the all great blues artists.

I Am the Blues
I Am the Blues by Willie Dixon (Audio CD - 2007)