4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but good!
Published on 23 Feb. 2000

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
3.0 out of 5 stars Another dance album lacking cohesion
Published on 28 Nov. 2000

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but good!, 23 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
You really have to hear this album to know if you will like it or not. The tracks swing from chessey brilliance to bumpy dance. I wish I could say that there is something for everyone on this album but there isn't, however if you think you have a slightly tilted out look on life then it is worth a try. All the tracks on the album are by no means brilliant however the ones that irritate change with your mood and there will always be stand out tracks although these may change as you listen too. Soory fo the rubbish review but this is just something you have to hear for yourself and I urge you to buy it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vive la difference, 7 Oct. 2010
3 Mugs (Rochester, UK) - See all my reviews
It just goes to show one man's meat and all that. I have to disgree with the other reviewers about the quality of this album, although I couldn't agree more with it's eclectic nature. My taste in music often seeks the unusual, and to me this album's "lack of cohesion" reads as an "escape from a straightjacket". I love each and every last avenue of it. The suave vocal tracks are assured stories set to music. The choice of collaborators is spot on (and being a huge fan of Stephen Jones, any excuse to get him on record is welcome), and all add their own character onto their track. The musical tracks are much more dance centred. I agree a whole album of the dance stuff would be hard to sustain, but the counterpoints between vocal and rug cutting boogie beats of a varying styles, make this album an irresistible and delicious stew. Tasty. Try some.

4.0 out of 5 stars love this album, 25 Oct. 2013
I love this album,
the style reminds me of Moby.

It is different. But I like different.

My favorite song is Nicola. I love music that manages to instill a clever wit and humor.

I've played it for several people I know,
no one loved it as much as I did.

what does that say about me?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Jan. 2015
Excellent service, great product. Thanks very muchly !!

3.0 out of 5 stars Another dance album lacking cohesion, 28 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
There are so many contributors to this patchy debut album from The All Seeing I that it is difficult for it to establish any identity. Whilst Baby Bird's Stephen Jones and Pulp's Jarvis Cocker are renown for producing melancholia and dressing it up in happier musical surroundings, there's also veteran crooner Tony Christie providing vocals on Walk Like A Panther. 'Beat Goes On' (credited to Sonny Bono) possesses a cute charm with its staccato sound and Human League's Phil Oakey bemoans the fall from grace of Chicken Nuggets. It's occasionally dull (the misleadingly-titled 'Sweet Music' being the chief culprit plus the unncessary filler at the end of the album) but generally an interesting listen; the main problem is that there is such a lack of cohesiveness about the whole concept that it feels like a typical film soundtrack where disparate themes are melded together and quality control is uneven.

Pickled Eggs and Sherbert (Special Edition)
Pickled Eggs and Sherbert (Special Edition) by The All Seeing I (Audio CD - 1999)