5.0 out of 5 stars A CLASSIC!
Published on 15 Sep 2002 by Danny Lang

3.0 out of 5 stars The least favourable outing for Celine...
Published on 14 April 2001 by emotional_boy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A CLASSIC!, 15 Sep 2002
Danny Lang (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
If you haven't already got this album, buy it! You will be able to see why Let's Talk About Love has already sold around 30 million. With Celine's trademark ballads such as When I Need You, Immortality (with the Bee Gees), The Reason, Tell Him (with Barbara Streisand) and of course, the unforgettable My Heart Will Go On, you will love the abum throughout- something for everyone!
The album also has her usual up-tempo pop songs like Just A Little Bit of Love and the reggae/rap style song Treat Her Like A lady.
Working with legends such as The Bee Gees, Barbara Streisand, Pavarotti, Carole King, George Martin (The Beatles producer/manager) and Jim Steinman (Meatloaf), it is easy to see why Celine is so popular with her fans and other artists and producers.
The Bee Gees said Celine is the best singer they have ever worked with. Working with top quality singers such as Ms. Streisand, see for yourself why they think this!
A MUST FOR YOUR COLLECTION!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's talk about Life, 7 Mar 2007
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
I bought this album together with Enya's"Paint the Sky With Stars" back in 1997.I was waiting for a blind date and passing the time. Since both of these singers are both of the A 1 category, I didn't regret a single bit that a significant part of hard earned salary went to these two super albums.The rest is history.... and now for the review

The voice. The personality. The songs. It just clicked together in total harmony. This is manna for your soul. She sells tons of records. Many critics in the more or less academic league gives here one star or less, in some magazines and newspapers. But the fans (including me) loves here music anyway. She has total control over here voice register. Not much songs here that not have love in the title and lyrics. Ok, Let`s talk about love. This album has so many striking songs. The Love theme from Titanic really strikes a nerve in me, and i can listen to it again and again, and my heart pumping in the same rhythm as the song. Celine Dion really strikes a nerve in those of us who are not totally among the hipsters league and always looks for new trends. Better keep it simple. As Beatles says in one of their songs: All you need is love. It`s some times a cold,cold,world out there. Celine reminds us about other values in the world. As she says it: There`s one trough emotion, that reminds me we are the same..... Celine Dion Let`s talk about love. Yes Indeed. Celine.

By the way..that particular blind date became my wife.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 17 Dec 2006
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
Although through my own preference I would not call this album my favourite colection of Celine Dion's work, this is a very good collection of songs. This album is particularly good for setting a romantic mood, or getting you relaxed. A fairly low-key album, without many of her usual power ballads, Let's Talk About Love carries sensuality at a gentle rhythm with a beautiful underlying feeling of desire. In particular, "Where Is The Love" and title track "Let's Talk About Love" stand out as pieces of music that express true, solid emotion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you want to express love in colours or talk about it?, 15 Dec 2005
L. Foxall "foxall" (Warrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
After 'The Colour of My Love', Celine had set herself a very high standard to live up to in my opinion, and my word she has kept to that standard in superb fashion. It took her 2 attempts mind you, as 'Falling Into You' was a bit hit-and-miss for me but she has done it.

The variation on the album makes it an interesting listen (although Celine never sounds out of place and that voice of her's is magical). This comes from the slick songs on the album like Treat Her Like A Lady, Just A Little Bit Of Love and (the quiet in comparison) Why Oh Why, which have a modern edge to them but unlike her post-retirement studio albums (apart from Miracle), complement Celine's style rather than her having to adapt to the style of the songs. They are refreshing to hear.

All of the other songs on the album are true Celine ballads and I cannot fault any of them, from The Reason to Let's Talk About Love. Celine pours all the emotion and effort she can into them, without making the most of her vocal power all of the time - Tell Him, Immortality, Miles To Go and Where Is The Love? are examples of songs where Celine uses the softer side of her voice and I wish she would do that more often because she sounds so good!

Let's Talk About Love' is brilliant and one of Celine's best albums in my opinion, possibly her best. 'The Colour of My Love' is it's main rival. For other people who share my sentiments and cannot decide which is their favourite of the two, here's a way to help you make your decision:

Do you want to express your love in colours or talk about it?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is reel lurrrve, 9 Nov 1999
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
This was an unusual purchase for me - my tastes are usually more in the industrial/metal end of the pop spectrum. But boy was I glad I made the trip!! I'm not ashamed to say I wept at 'Why oh Why', while the literally 'Titanic' "My Heart Will Go On" had me 'sinking' to my knees... Guys in black leather, swallow your pride and, as Celine urges, "Let's Talk About Love"

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Talk About Love, 5 Sep 2007
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
A good album i like some of the singles but not all of them but the tracks that stand for me are when i need you amar haciendo el amor and just a little bit of love i got i for a very good price 2 i think it was less than a pound but anyway the point is the album was good 9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD is Celine Dion at her best!, 29 April 2000
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
Celine Dion has become an international superstar over the last few years and it is no wonder with Albums such as this to her name. Lets hope that her recent decision to take a break is not permanent and we hear much more from her in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing cd a definate buy, 14 Aug 2000
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
a collection of amazing songs 4 duets with carole king, pavorotti, the bee gees and barbara streisand.there is reggae & ballards on this cd. if you like celine you will love it

3.0 out of 5 stars The least favourable outing for Celine..., 14 April 2001
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
Somehow, with this album, Celine has lost the magic that she had with the Falling Into You and the Colour Of My Love albums. Definite songs like Immortality, Be The Man, Us, When i need you, Tell him, The reason, Lets talk about love and my heart will go on all stand out from the rest of the songs. I am sorry to say this, but Celine seems to be very drab and mournful on this album. Even the albums cover, back and booklet is coated in black. Many of the songs do not hold any potential to make you go back to listen to them again. Of course, the album has its ups, but then again, it has its downs, and more of them i have to say. This album is great if you are a Celine fan, and 'just good' if this is a one off purchase, but if you found her past albums fantastically pleasing, then you may be disappointed with this one. Needless to say, the next propper album, 'All the way' picks Celine back up to the level that she deserves to be remembered for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Celine, 8 Jun 2003
This review is from: Let's Talk About Love (Audio CD)
While not as good as some of her latest releases, this album is extremely good in parts. It was originally my mothers, but after listening to one or two of Celine's other albums, such as the brilliant A New Day Has Come, I stole it from her to listen to it... and I was pleasantly surprised. Although it is slightly patchy, where some of the songs do not live up to the massive reputation of her, the album does show exactly why Celine is a legend. There is such a wide range of songs here, which all show off her magnificent powerful voice. I have to say that Immortality is a pure Celine song, and one of my absolute favourites, although my alltime favourite song by her has to be That's The Way It Is.
Although no one ever admits to owning a Celine CD, in future, I will be proud to say I am an avid fan of her... she is a legend, and this album has proved it once again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Let's Talk About Love
Let's Talk About Love by CÚline Dion (Audio CD - 2003)