5.0 out of 5 stars Dare you not to tap your feet?!
Published on 1 Jan 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
After recently hearing a track from this album on the radio, I knew this CD would be a perfect Christmas gift for a friend. However, on opening the CD case, when she went to play the CD, we discovered that it was the wrong CD - instead of Natalie McMaster, it was a Bryan Adams CD. So disappointed by this mistake, particularly as it was a present.
Published 8 months ago by Patricia Urquhart

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare you not to tap your feet?!, 1 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: In My Hands (Audio CD)
I stumbled on the talents of Natalie Macmaster when I downloaded the title track of the album 'In my hands'. I have been hooked ever since. Natalie is not well known in the UK but is huge in her home country Canada, and after listening to this album I can see why. Natalie blends traditional Cape Breton 'fiddling' with modern sounds to create a mesmorising album. A wide range of musical styles are covered, who would have thought that Flamenco could be mixed with the fiddle? 'Flamenco fling' is proof of the pudding that it can work.
The colloboration with Alison Krauss on 'Get me through December' is beautiful. Alison's floating vocals enhances further Natalie's music.
You can really feel Natalie's love of her music, as in Natalie's own words there is a "spirit that lies within" this album. Only one complaint really....I have developed a slight problem with my feet... every time I listen to the album I cant stop them tapping....
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab upbeat folk songs!, 10 Dec 2002
R. A. Dale "Rebecca" (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Hands (Audio CD)
This CD adds a real contemporary twist to some traditional Irish folk songs with some latin, funk & jazz styles & tempos. Most of the tunes are fairly upbeat with Natalies exceptional fiddle playing singing the melody, whilst you tap your toe in time!
In addition there are some beautiful more traditional arrangements of Irish ballads ... such as Get me Through December where the mix of Natalie's beautiful fiddle playing and Alison Krauss's yearning soprano vocals is simply electric.

5.0 out of 5 stars In My Hands is a delight all the way!!, 29 Nov 2005
film fan (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: In My Hands (Audio CD)
On a holiday in Canada in Autumn 1999, I wanted to get this cd. I already had "No Boundaries" so when I listened to this album, I thought it was even better. The tracks on here are first rate. The mixture of the slower ballads in with the rockier tunes of the jigs and reels is awesome. It opens beautifully with the title track and finishes lovingly with "Flora MacDonald". The gorgeous ballad "Get Me Through December" featuring the beautiful vocals of Alison Krauss is also a highlight on what is a fantastic album.

An absolute joy to listen to. I listened to it once, realised just how good it was, then I kept playing it. Put this into your hi-fi and afterwards you will feel so much happier for doing so. This is worth the sales pitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class fiddle playing. Genius!, 17 Jan 2006
film fan (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: In My Hands (Audio CD)
This album is quite simply devine. Natalie MacMaster has proven herself as a force to be reckoned with and her fiddle playing is straight out the top drawer. It's sheer brilliance.

Her first time singing vocals is on the title track. She does a great job while also playing the fiddle. Her voice is very relaxing and soothing. This is then followed by 8 instrumental tracks of first class sublime fiddle playing leading up to the second and last song which is magical and breath-taking in its delivery called "Get Me Through December" featuring the gorgeous vocals of Alison Krauss. It finishes with a delightful track called "Flora MacDonald".

This album, no matter how many times I listen to it, has my feet tapping every time and falling in love with it all over again. It's one of the best albums I own and I have lots of listening pleasure that always has me coming back for more. This is musical bliss from a musician with convoy load of talent. A super album.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 July 2014
very good:)

In My Hands
In My Hands by Natalie MacMaster (Audio CD - 1999)