Format: Audio CDChange

on 15 July 2003
This looks to me like an absolute bargain for a cd that should be in all BB fans' collections.

Assuming that you're not tempted by that "Definitive Best of" collection, you need to have When Love Comes to Town and To Know You is to Love You somewhere and this seems as good a place as any. There are other classic tracks too (I'm especially keen on Ghetto Woman) but given how varied the collection is there are bound to be one or two tracks that don't tickle your fancy.

There's a certain feel to this album that's difficult to describe. The instantly recognisable sound of BB's guitar is such a perfect overlay on top of the rest of the music. It's a bit like being a Disney animator, where you have all the background on one sheet of paper and one of the characters (BB in this case) painted onto a sheet of see through acetate laid over the top. All of which makes a single picture, made up of two pictures, with the sum greater than the whole.

I go for five stars.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2012
I bought this CD to replace a cassette version which I've owned for many years.It still gives me much pleasure to listen to this album. BB King's collaboration with well known artists such as Stevie Wonder,U2,Gary Moore,John Lee Hooker etc brings out the best in both BB King as well as the guest artists. I would highly recommend this album to any BB King fan.
on 17 February 2011
I went to see the King 3 years ago and the CD was every bit as good as his passion live.
on 12 October 2015
item as described fast delivery very pleased.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2015
Brilliant album.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2013
Great album from a great blues man.
Loads of guests compliment one of the greats of the blues on this album.
It's a lesson to all those guitarists who think that the more notes they can play in the shortest time makes them a great player.
Just listen to what this man can do with only 5 notes!
Delivery was swift and I was very pleased with this addition to my collection
on 2 July 2013
Excellent cd!! Recommended. A really good selection of music. This is an amazing compilation album - a 'must-have' collection of brilliant songs spanning the years of quality music
on 7 August 2009
Of all my recent purchases, I love this cd. Excellent transaction. Thank you. Love has most certainly, came to my town with the old blues man.