Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 February 2001
This was one of these albums that you look at for ages but never get round to buying. Well thank god I finally got around to it!! This is another masterpiece by the British funk master himself. With some quality tunes that have proved successful in the charts and the usual Jamiroquai strange but relaxing non-released songs using instruments from all over the world this diverse album is the most listened to CD in my collection. Buy it now, you will not be dissappointed!!!
VINE VOICEon 9 February 2001
People of the Jamiroquai-loving society seem to bash this album as too 'poppy', and blame this on the leaving of Stuart Zender. A tragedy, but not to blame for an evolution is style. This is a brilliant album, not unlike the previous ones, but not carbon copies of old things tried. Jamiroquai is a train, and we're all moving to the front carriage, moving from one class to another. This is one carriage you don't want to miss.
on 19 January 2012
I realy like all the Jamiroquai cds so it can be hard to pick a favourite.
This has a classic song by the band called "canned heat". It is the song that got me in to the band when i heard it around about 2000. I remember buying the single and putting it on repeat.
The track "butterfly" is a very cool track, one of my faves, so funky. the bass is awesome.
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE is also one of my faves, the piano is realy nice and the part from 3.29 -3.50 is pretty ace where its just the instrumental and there jamming.
this record/cd is worth buying definitely worth buying at this price(at the moment). it's fun to listen too and never gets boring. Jay Kay is a good singer too.........
buy it!!!
on 28 October 2003
My all time greatest band Jamiroquai has created a masterpiece in this, their fourth album.
This album seems to stray from the Acid Jazz roots apparent in their previous albums, which angered many fans. I have to say though, there is alot more 'pop' experimentation, but... I love it. In fact the song 'Deeper Underground' was the first song I had heard from this group when I was younger, and now I own every other album. Even after hearing everything else by them this album still holds charm.
When I say experimentation, I mean experimentation. Almost every song is different, Canned heat is very different to Deeper Underground for example. There is alot of dance, pop and still just a pinch of jazz in this album that makes it very versatile and enjoyable to listen to.
on 2 January 2013
When I listen to an album I tend to listen to all the tracks on that album at least three times in order to give them a chance to grow on me. But in the case of Jamiroquai's fourth studio album "Synkronized" I only needed to listen to them once. With its large variety of different music styles and stories told in the lyrics, "Synkronized" will leave your appetite so spoiled you won't feel like eating for weeks.

There are lots of positive things I can say about what's on offer here, and we open up with CANNED HEAT. I think the message is aimed more at the supposedly religious people, trying to convince them that there is no God and that the only beings we can really trust in this crazy world is ourselves. In any case the song's high tempo, catchy bass and strong violin parts make CANNED HEAT a brilliant tune to move your feet to.

Jay Kay expresses his love for Earth in PLANET HOME, and reminds us to take good care of it. It's a lovely blend of acid jazz and 90's trance music, and is definitely worth repeated plays. SOUL EDUCATION is about trusting your instincts in order to get through life, no matter how badly you did -or are doing- at school. The notes from the electric guitar give the song an energetic 70's disco vibe, and in my ears make it a winner. Usually that's not my thing, but it certainly works here. FALLING is a lively but laid back jazz tune that's well worth listening to while sitting down and drinking a cappuccino; while DESTITUTE ILLUSIONS is an enjoyable instrumental piece with its fusion of jazz and 90's trance, much like PLANET HOME.

BUTTERFLY is a good love song with fairly simple lyrics. It's a pleasant mixture of orchestra and jazz. Well worth listening to. And then there's KING FOR A DAY. Boy, did I enjoy listening to this! Here we have a really vibrant tune with plenty of catchy piano and dramatic violin. It's as if Beethoven and Mozart were still alive in 1999 and they did a collaboration with Jamiroquai to create this track. It certainly would've made the first two hip and cool today.

The bonus track featured on the UK release of this album is DEEPER UNDERGROUND, the band's one and only UK No.1 to date. I heard a story about this once. Apparently Jay Kay was asked to provide a song for the Godzilla sound track, but the lyrics were not allowed to contain the words "Godzilla" or "monster." He found the going really tough and at one point was on the verge of giving up on it entirely. If that was the case then I'm thankful that he stuck to it and ground out a result. That result was something edgy, mildly attitudinal, but above all fantastic.

"Synkronized" is a brilliant album that fuses a lot of music styles together to make it the musical equivalent of a variety entertainment show. The only criticism I can think of is that the acid jazz style that Jamiroquai are known for doesn't have as strong a focus here as it does in the earlier albums like "Emergency On Planet Earth" and "Return Of The Space Cowboy", and it was that style that made me really enjoy those albums. But other than that anyone who buys/downloads this album will be left with an ear drum orgasm by the end of the 11th track.
on 11 April 2000
I purchased the albumn for my birthday last year in July and was instantly blown away! I know that many critics have accused Jamiroquai of "having all their tracks the same" but I really feel that this albumn has a more dancey feel to it( canned Heat and destitute illusions especially) where the tracks can be easily identified from each other. I am amazed at the difference in style from song to song, for example Falling and Butterfly are completely different to, say, Canned Heat and King for a day is very different to Deeper Underground. So far there have been four tracks released as singles from this albumn ( Deeper Underground, Canned Heat, Supersonic and King for a Day) but I feel that, if it's released, then the biggest hit from this albumn could be Soul Education, which I think is excellent.
on 14 January 2001
Jamiroquai are quite possibly one of the most exciting bands in the charts at the moment. They differentiate themselves from other acts with their unique, instantly recognisable Funky Jazz sound,. This album is Jamiroquai's best album so far, with a variety of different sounds ranging from the dancy "Canned Heat" to the heart-melting "Butterfly". Every song on this album is fantastic, "canned heat" and the hidden "deeper underground" being sheer excellence! I would recommend this album to everyone, even if you are not a big Jamiroquai fan there is something on this album for you. However if you already own Jamiroquai's earlier albums this may seem a bit repetitive. None the less this is an excellent album created by a fantastic band at the pinnacle of their career, my advice is BUY IT! You won't regret it.
on 30 April 2014
I rank this as their 4th maybe 3rd best album.
The best tracks on this are 1)Canned Heat, 2)Planet Home, 3)Black Capricorn Day, 4)Soul Education, 5)Where Do We Go From Here, 6)Deeper Underground (...as track 11 not listed on album).
on 3 April 2013
Very good cd, loaded onto iPod music for all ages, good for driving or relaxing, timeless classic, great addition to cd case
on 8 August 2015
Amazing album non stop great tunes... How I've missed this album.. Amazing condition.. Well worth it..