5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious
Published on 22 May 2004 by Chuffnobbler

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really folk music
This was not what I expected and just not my sort of music.

This silly machine is demanding seven more words.
Published 13 months ago by MR A D PARKER

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious, 22 May 2004
This review is from: Norma Waterson (Audio CD)
I am very fond of singer-songwriters, and have always been a bit nervous of Norma Waterson's music, as I am not really a "folky"-type. However, the sheer range and breadth of material here is remarkable, and Norma's voice is so emotive and expressive that I could listen to her all night. Particular mention, among the eclectic rangte of songs, has to go to "Fallen Leaves". Brings a lump to my throat every time, with its honest and true depiction of the benefits of dying young, rather than growing old, frail and infirm with your family looking on. "Honest" and "True" are words that sum up this album perfectly, and I will be shopping around for more Norma. I am no longer nervous of her folky image. She's quite remarkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 1 Jun 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Norma Waterson (Audio CD)
For my money this is the best "solo" Norma Waterson album. Could you pick a better backing band? This contains the definitive version of Riverman, it still makes my spine chill!
As with her first solo album a remarkable set of songs, interpreted with emotion and clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual and brilliant collection, 11 Feb 2010
Mr. A. S. Jones "andy jones" (stockton on tees uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norma Waterson (Audio CD)
i gave this album a go having loved the more traditional bright shiny morning and i wasnt at all dissapointed. An unusual choice of songs for a singer like norma to tackle but her takes on somewhere over the rainbow and jose locke are real treasures to the ears. I Dont think the album would convert any newcomers as sadly i think you either love or hate a singer like norma but anyone who loves her earthly, traditional and very human voice (as i greatly do) will love this album. Thank you greatly norma for the pleasure i get from listening to your voice.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really folk music, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Norma Waterson (Audio CD)
This was not what I expected and just not my sort of music.

This silly machine is demanding seven more words.

ARRAY(0xab008bdc)

Norma Waterson
Norma Waterson by Norma Waterson (Audio CD - 2006)