Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 December 2003
Nas is seen as one of the best rappers out there at the moment and so you'd expect his albums to be really good all the way through.
This album is good, dont get me wrong, but there are several weak tracks that let the side down, which are boring, pointless and at times cringeworthy (see KISSING). Appearances from legends like Scarface, DMX and Aaliyah can't save this from being under the expectations.
The best 5 songs on this album are:
NY State of Mind Pt.2
Favor for a Favor
We Will Survive
Nas is Like
Undying Love
There are some classic songs here, notably Nas is Like, but you should only really buy this album after you've got God's Son and Illmatic, which are both much better.
on 2 July 2004
these days I feel sorry for artists these days, they spend twentyfourseven trying to please these greedy customers, anyway this is a very thoughful project, if you listen to Illmatic his delivery was very fast and I'm sure in many parts a lot of things were missed, why I think he more paced himself on this one so that everyone could understand what he was trying to convey, since its so educational I can understand why he slowed down a bit,a good album lost a star because of the tracks "money is my bitch," and "kissing",which you if you like Nas is ignorable, still a nice effort
on 22 September 2013
This is where Nas supposedly fell off. I can see that myself but I do kinda like it. Some of the tracks do have wack production but, even as a Nas fan, that's something Nas seems to fall prey to a lot. A couple are garbage .. Dr Knockboot & I wanna talk to you. We Will Survive is possibly the place where the Nas and Jay-Z beef started so it's a piece of Hip Hop history.

For me the standouts are Nas is Like, Small World, NY State of Mind 2, K-I-S-S-I-N-G (cheesy ... BUT love that sample), We Will Survive
on 3 January 2004
2PAC NAS and BIG. All for different reasons. 2pac had the passion and experience, Biggie had the flow and Nas has the lyrics.
This album is more classic lyrics and storytelling. U can listen to any of these songs and hear a story told brilliantly to the beat. OK all his albums are like this but thats a good thing.
Like Nas says "Hit the record store, never let me go, get my whole collection"
Do as the man says.
on 1 June 2013
Rappers of all time and albums of all time. Some would disagree and I'm not biased but everything Nas touches turns to gold. Great album.
on 17 August 2004
Nas never seems to fail to impress me, "I Am Nas" might not be his best album however it isnt the worst rap album you will hear, nas still amazes me as to how he rhymes so cooly but quickly. In my words nas is unrated like the RZA (Wu-Tang Clan) and many other true hip hop artists, when you have people like 50 cent or kanye west getting all the credit it seems wrong. (no disrespect they are ok)
However this is an amazing album, even the intro is worth a listen. "Hate Me Now" is the key track, it is a good message to his enemies plus the chorous puff delievers is amazing! pure brilliance, plus "life is what you make it" with dmx is also truely a legend hip hop track! nas is a great artist and unlike todays "so called" hip hop artists he can lay down one good album full of good songs which would take them 5 albums. Nas is up there with the 2Pac and Biggie etc. However i am nas is still worth a buy because it is truely a hip hop classic, stay away from the new stuff and get some Nas,2Pac,Biggie,WU-TANG Clan music because that is class!
on 28 December 1999
This is a solid album by Nas. He harks back to both of his previous albums in this album but still has a certain freshness. He starts off with NY State of Mind Part II, which is certainly not a rehash of the earlier Part One. As the album rolls on we have the chart-topping "Hate Me Now" and the catchy "Nas Is Like". In between, there are good and bad but I don't really want to go into too much deatil but I will say that it doesn't drag. As the album winds towards a close, he certainly diversifies. Nas' lyrics are not as crisp and his delivery is certainly a lot lazier than earlier albums; this time he doesn't dazzle you with some tremendous rhymes. The production is of a more "studio" sound but lacks the imagination of his earlier releases. All in all, this isn't a bad album but is not his best. If you want better, then seek out his debut album Illmatic, which is a true great.
on 4 November 2003
I am very impressed with this album,purchased it after i had gotten more recent stuff by Nas such as his new album Gods Son,to say the least i think his older material is the business and is miles better than what he is churning out these days.......if u are a Nas fan an have not hear this album GET IT NOW.....you will not be disappointed.
The best songs on the album are "nas is like...", "hate me now featuring Puff Daddy" and "Big things"
There are many collaborations on this masterpiece including DMX,Puff Daddy and the late Aaliyah........enjoy if you buy
on 20 January 2016
very good
on 21 July 2015
Item arrived within the time specified & as described.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse