Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 July 2005
You may be forgiven for thinking you have never heard any of these tracks, but you have! 'Escape' is commonly used in TV programmes for anything from car reviews to football reports!
Craig Armstrong is a master composer and this soundtrack is the perfect accompaniment to the film, and just like the film, grossly underrated!
The emotional rollacoaster you are taken on with this soundtack is fantastic and it has never been out of my car CD selection ever!
As an introduction to soundtrack CDs, you can't make a better choice! And please see the film too - well worth a thousand viewings!
on 5 October 2000
I watched this film last night, it wasn't until the ball scene came on that I realised something was definitely off....syntho-orchestral music! Certainly not in keeping with the period depicted but I LOVED IT, what is more, I cannot get the tune out of my head. Kudos to the producers for having the guts to mix modern beat technology with classical arrangements. It works. Knowing something about that historical period, I'm sure the egocentric, fashionable, upper class of that time would have thought it 'simply divine'
on 14 June 2004
I saw the film a while back and loved the music. Although half the CD tracks are atmospheric background tracks which barely peek your interest there are 3 or 4 Diamonds which make the CD worth every penny and more. The fusion of Orchestal, Opera, and modern beats are awesome, blood stirring anthems which really mark the Film perfectly. The 'Ball' and 'Business Pt1-3' are brilliant and the build up of 'Hanging' into 'Escape' is perfection.
on 13 January 2000
If you've not seen the film, you'd be forgiven for skipping over this soundtrack. If you have seen the film, you'll remember the excellent "dance/techno" style music that played throughout. It's more like a video game than a movie, very in the style of WipeOut, but with excellently sequenced violins, harps and vocals. For just plain good dance tunes, I'd recommend this! But if you loved the film, you've probably already bought it.
on 6 February 2001
An excellent mix of atmospheric classical and renaissance dance, the "ball" track is my favouite, watch the movie, you'll love it, then buy the CD.
on 12 September 2005
In a nutshell, Craig Armstrong is a genius. How he crafts such music of utter emotion is beyond me. Listening to the soundtrack, my feelings are yanked every-which-way. Hanging/Escape for me is the pinnacle of the album.
Astounding music.
on 31 October 2014
Excellent
on 20 February 2010
I was very happy with the quality of the CD, not one scratch in the disk at all. All in all a good purchase
on 3 March 2004
Having seen the film, and throughly loved the music to it,decided to buy the soundtrack. dissapointed that the ' songs' were not included in the listing - had I known this prior to purchasing, would not have bothered.
on 15 April 2003
I saw the film a while ago, and remembered liking the music, however I have been extremely disappointed with the CD. With the exception of two or three tracks, of which one is the Ball, I found this an extremely dirgy soundtrack. A lot of the tracks are very similar and wishy washy. Not impressed.