on 24 November 2013
I bought the three Northern Exposure CDs at the time of release. Recently I bought them all again. All three were excellent releases, you realise that with the passage of time. I was never able to figure out which was the best 1 or 2, sometimes I felt the first release was the best, other times the second release seemed a more fluid experience. I was clear that the third release, though good was the weakest, it seemed to have fewer grab you tracks. But when I re-played them all recently, I was surprised that this release now might be the best of all. Perhaps it's just me, but I found I enjoyed rediscovering this release much more than the first two. It may just be that I played 1 and 2 so much when they were released, but this final release seems to have grown on me with time. In any case all of these CDs are likely to make a deep impression on a first time listener, the sheer quality of them is unrivalled even after all this time.
on 30 October 2002
This latest addition to the Northern Exposure series once again re-emphasises the point that Sasha and John Digweed are two of the best DJ's in the world at this time, both individually brilliant, it's a credit to the music industry that they have yet again come together and assembled one of the finest progressive house/trance albums of recent years. The first CD is undoubtedly the better.. with track two - Space manouvres - Stage One, and track ten Mono Culture - Free standing out in particular. This is one of those albums that makes you (or at least it did for me) search frantically for the artists on the album to see what else they have produced. Sasha and Digweed have produced an outstanding album with many relatively unknown artists on it and it is a testament to their genius that this is so....
on 27 January 2015
Please excuse me for the review, I am soon 60 year and are supposed not to like it at all. Ive got 6-7 CDs of different Sasha and Digweed stuff and they are one of my favourites. This double album gives you a lot of genius music, but I think it is a bit more experimental than earlier mix productions, and therefore less suggestive. It didnt catch me immediatelly and I must admit Ive only played totally 2 times before this review. But by all means this is a very good bargain from some of the best DJs in the world. And maybe the music is so good that I must change to 5stars after 5.th listening. The best music developes that way!
on 2 December 2000
bang in the cd and away we go...the first track quickly warms you up, and then it keeps you going - tune after tune. An excellent "Silence" mix in here { what a spine chilling voice }- the best part of the CD, try and keep level-headed listening to the progressive "deep space - abandoned lyrics" - perfect for all areas of listening. Excellently mixed, top tunes, top drawer - what more can I say ? Accumulate !
on 2 March 2016
You could write paragraph after paragraph about any of the Northern Exposure cd's but there is know need as they are perfect works of art by 2 of the world's best DJ'S just like there Renaissance album , so just sit back & be taken on 1 of the best musical rides of your life !
on 30 September 2014
This has to be the best mix compilation I have ever heard, CD2 just makes me grind my teeth in ecstasy. It makes my eyes well up in tears, Incredible mix, absolutely incredible .
on 25 July 2011
Re-listened to this set after a period of not listening to it because I was playing it to death. And I discovered all over again how brilliant this, and all the Northern Exposure sets, was. When these two lads got together they could not be surpassed. Brillaint melodic mix on both cds !
on 28 January 2016
sold to me without outer sleeve in picture
on 11 July 2014