Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 February 2001
From stirring anthems to peaceful ballads, this album has them all. It offers a selection of Capercaillie's output, covering the range of their material in both English and Gaelic. Karen Matheson's voice is superb, with a purity able to move the most stony-faced to tears. If you're already a Capercaillie fan, you probably own this album. If you're a fan of Celtic folk music, this album contains both traditional Gaelic songs and some of Capercaille's modern folk-pop.
If you think folk music is something to snigger at, buy this album anyway. This isn't a bunch of beardies with guitars, this is sheer class.
on 2 April 2014
I caught a documentary chart in the history and origins of capercaillie. It brought back many happy memories and try as we might, we couldn't find the capercaillie cd we used to have - so thank goodness for amazon!

It's got their most recognisable tracks and even if you don't speak Gaelic, you can't help but love the honesty of the music and the skill of the group. Really love them and glad we've reacquainted ourselves.
on 13 February 2016
An enveloping sound somewhere between Runrig and Enya. A rather favourable, relaxing, enjoyable and melodic experience.
on 26 August 2012
This CD lived up to the expectations generated by the comments of other reviewers' feedback. A must for Capercaillie fans.
on 9 August 2015
sadly this reminds me that the album I was trying to replace was actually one of their earlier ones and I am really not so keen on the newer slicker arrangements, Personal taste I guess.
on 18 March 2015
Absolute Class.
This is the real stuff to me.
Scotland's Clannad.
But better!!!
on 24 June 2015
Bought this for my dad for fathers day as he loves this group - amazing
on 29 June 2015
A great compilation of Capercaillie songs.
on 19 March 2015