Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 September 2000
The most original, brightest new band in Britain come up with the most fascinating debut LP to hit these shores in a long, long time. Rialto have conjured up a masterpiece from the word go, with 'Monday Morning 5:19' (yes you do know it!) elegant and weeping, with a chorus to burst clouds, and 'Dream Another Dream' sarcastic and dreamy, the antidote to miserable afternoon on your bed. 'Untouchable' is cursing, profound, loud, 'Quarantine' harsh yet mightily delectable, 'Love Like Semtex' quite stunning, with one of the most charging guitar solos ever. An album you must own, a band you must get into. Phenomenal. Go buy.
on 29 March 2004
Rialto churned out some killer singles - all here - and did them ample justice with the rest of this debut collection. I concede Rialto could sometimes be predictable, repetitive and bombastic, but I happily forgive them for this album's simple impatience to rush from one great song to another. The follow-up album, Night on Earth, pales in comparison. Rialto had one great album in them, and this one's it. Production flawless, arrangements luxurious.
on 22 June 2000
I really don't want to gush but this has to be my fave album of the last few years.What was disappointing to me was that it never got the praise or popularity it deserved at the time. Lush melodies,aching lyrics.some top tunes-this album was such a pleasant,unexpected surprise for me.Will there ever be a 2nd album Rialto?...here's hoping. Standout tracks for me are "Untouchable","Monday Morning 5.19.",and"Summer's Over" but there's basically barely a weak track on it. Go on ...give it a go.I know you'll love it as much as I did/do.Cheers.
on 14 February 2010
Great album!

In my opinion, I consider 80% of the tracks as really worth to listening.
Louis Elliot (Vocals and Guitar) is an excellent composer, the musical arrangements of the whole album are superb.

It is just a pity, that they are not any longer in the musical scene!
on 19 April 2015
excellent
on 26 December 2014
classic
on 30 September 2010
Not nearly as good as their first album, but if you like the synth music of the 80's (Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys), you'll probably like Night on Earth. Three ring circus and Catherine's wheel are brilliant songs. Louis Eliot's voice is not the best lyricist on earth, but his superb singing makes up for it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2013
Ok album from criminally underated Rialto. Very similar to Suede in my opinion which is a good thing.
The second album Night on Earth is better though.