5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely mind-blowing
Published on 17 Dec 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars lives up to expectations
If you are reading this review, then I imagine that you are unlikely to agree with it. The only thing I can say positive about this recording is that it does not include Jane's trademark "chatting" with the "lovely" crowd. Insipid, uninspired, but still better than Harry Connick Junior.
Published on 6 Mar 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely mind-blowing, 17 Dec 1999
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
This cd was bought for me as a gift. After hearing Jane on the television programme 'The Cruise', I became hooked on this artists most beautiful voice. "But they're covers!" I hear you cry but fear not as each of these classic songs are taken to another level by the outstanding talent of this 'newcomer'. Is there nothing that this woman cannot sing? Her powerful yet angelic voice gives me the 'shivers'. The orchestral arrangements must not be ignored as this lends to the whole ambiance of the album. In the following months to come I am sure that the myth of the cd not wearing out will be dispelled! Utterly fantastic. A absolute must for 'Jane' fans. A beautiful woman with a beautiful voice and a beautiful personality. Need I go on........

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one good CD, 4 May 2000
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
I think Jane has a fabulous voice and I brought this album on cassette two years ago, and I am now going to get it on CD (along with the new one coming out in June).
I listen to this album EVERY DAY and it's fantastic. My fave songs off it are "One Moment in Time", "You're My World" and "Some You Win, Some You Lose" - and she just sings these absolutely sensationally.
I originally brought it just for "You're My World" but now I know it backwards because it is so good. Buy this album, it's well worth the cost and it's something you'll listen to again, and again, and again ...
Buy it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Jane's recordings need to be available in the US!, 30 July 2005
David W. Bruce-Casares (Long Beach, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
I discovered Jane McDonald purely by accident, and was immediately enthralled. I had no preconceived notions (didn't know who she was), so I could simply enjoy her heartfelt singing. There are many high points to this album, notably her sensitive reading of "The Twelth of Never" -- never heard such a simple and lovely rendition of this song -- as well as, "Have I Told You Lately". The low points are primarily "(You Make Me Feel Like a) Natural Woman", mostly due to the copycat karaoke-like backup and background vocals, and "Downtown," which sounds uninspired. I know this is Jane's debut, and what else I've heard of her I quite like. Let's hope that her recordings get distributed here in the US -- why keep her voice and talent across the Atlantic (across 'the pond'?).

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane McDonald at her best., 12 April 2014
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
This cd has been my favorite , we have played it and sang along with Jane every day since it arrived, it was in beautiful condition, and arrived quickly. and safely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
As an avid Jane McDonald fan this album was to complete my collection - she never lets you down great as usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane McDonald cd, 27 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
Jane McDonaldMy Mother's first CD stopped working so I was very happy to find this and purchase it again, it's one of her favourite's of Jane's.
Tried everywhere to find it and good old Amazon came to the rescue. It has varied song titles and timeless classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a star, 14 Oct 2011
Mr. R. C. Window (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jane McDonald (Audio CD)
All I imagined the recording would be,just brilliant.
Jane is a one off singer and personality all at a fab price.

2.0 out of 5 stars lives up to expectations, 6 Mar 2001

Jane McDonald
Jane McDonald by Jane McDonald (Audio CD - 2008)