5.0 out of 5 stars R.I.P. Unbelievable Truth, 6 Jan 2004
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
I first heard "Higher Than Reason" on MTV when I was 15, a few months before this was released.
On the strength of it I bought this album on the day it was released.
It is quite possibly the only album I own which I have never once got tired of, never once have I skipped on to the next track because I have become bored of one of the songs. It remains as fresh and vital as it has always been. I am usually into much heavier music, but I consistently find myself humming or singing some of the songs, particularly "Settle Down" and "Stone" which I think have two of the best opening lines ever. However, even though these songs are foremost in my mind, I love the entire album and always will.
Since UT split up this album seems all the more poignant and melancholy, but at the same time I always find it remarkably uplifting.
Best listened to with headphones in the dark. Keep UT alive.

5.0 out of 5 stars an accoustic classic, 30 Dec 2005
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
i was fortunate enough to see the unbelievable truth support the sundays,before almost here came out,and was blown away on what a great band they were,forget about who the leads singers brother is,the unbelievable truth were a great band in there own right.
this album is a classic,with tracks that stand out like stone,finest little space,solved and will be in my top twenty albums for a long long time,as it is rare a group ,produces a great collection of songs like this.
if you like this cd,don,t go and buy sorry,thank you,as it is nowhere near as good as this album,but go and buy the cd singles
from the almost here album,ie solved,stone,higher than reason,as each single has another 3 songs each which are not on the cd,but should of been,as if they were all on almost here,i would still be saying its a classic album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that never loses its remarkable power., 12 July 2000
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
The true test of profoundly written and performed music is its effect after losing count of how many times you've listened. This CD is in my car and no matter how distracted, my emotions..even my skin, still connects to it and I shift into the beauty and intelligence of the words. The perfect arrangements. And York's voice, which is intelligent, haunting and lovely, with quiet power and discipline. Each song is remarkable. Don't be mislead by the seriousness.. which just reflects deep feeling and concerns. Keep listening and you'll find yourself going to their music to both calm and energize yourself. Often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 22 Feb 2002
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
I first listened to this album in may 2000, when I found out about the link with Andy and Thom Yorke, and being a huge RH fan, and loving Thom's voice, was eager to hear Andy. And UT never disappointed. This was a band that were cruely overlooked, and whom should still be making amazing music today. In the nearly 2 years that I have owned this album, I have never got bored of it, for me, it is totally timeless, and is now one of my favourite albums of all time. There is not a week that goes by where I do not listen to it, it really is that important to me.
It's really difficult for me to pick out the best tracks from here, because basically there isn't a weak one among the 11. It just flows so smoothly through folkey guitars, sweet and melodic melodies, and the gorgeous voice of Andy takes it all to new levels.
To this day, it still totally baffles me how a band this good where totally ignored and overlooked, while stale bands like coldplay and travis have made millions doing things like this, but alot worse. This is truly one of the most emotional, truthful and and beautiful albums I have ever heard, and one I will never ever forget.

5.0 out of 5 stars First listen is brilliant - and it gets better every time!, 9 Jan 2000
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
I bought this on a whim, several months after release. My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. This is perhaps the most accomplished debut album I've ever heard. Excellent songs, superb playing and a mood that's quite astonishing. My particular favourite is a song called "Stone" (fave line - "I could live without you, if you were someone else"). Buy it NOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably amazing, truthfully!, 6 Feb 2009
Mr. Christopher Limb "Chris" (Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
This is without doubt one of the most amazing pieces of musical work anywhere. If you think Thom Yorke is an emotional songwriter listen to this. It is truly unbelievably sublime. Like other reviewers I never ever tire of any of the album. If this doesn't move you take up knitting because you just don't understand music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelieavable Trusth - Almost here., 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
one of my favourite albums of all time, brings me back in time. Wish I could get in vynil as well .

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare gem, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
A very simple, shining album with well written acoustic song. Just too bad that the band is no more, it is quite rare to find good pop/acoustic rock band these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars had already got this album but was sticking when i ..., 23 July 2014
Amanda Teasdale "tetleyteabag" (cumbria englang) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
had already got this album but was sticking when i played it. missed it so much had to get the replacement it beauitful album with fantanic songs that are beauitful written and sung

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievably true, 19 Mar 2004
This review is from: Almost Here (Audio CD)
just remember, if the words make you sad, it doesn't mean the product isn't joyous. forget about it being that radiohead guy's little brother, and understand that this is a record you must own. it's like coldplay five years early, but ten times more interesting. essentially, it's beauty in a box. it'll make you cry and laugh simultaneously. it's fantastic, so you may as well take the chance (death or glory and all). just be prepared to wave goodbye to the open/close button on your hi-fi for a year or three...

Almost Here
Almost Here by The Unbelievable Truth (Audio CD - 1998)