5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, smooth, jazzy, a feast for the ears!
Published on 26 Jun 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Voices let down by the Songs
I have been a Hue and Cry fan for years. The voices are unbelievably smooth and I love nearly all their material. However I have to say I found the songs on this album, just not upto standard and quite dissapointing. It doent come anywhere near the "looking for Linda", "ordinary Angel", or "Violently" songs that have made them famous.
Published on 25 Aug 2006 by Scully Bloke

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, smooth, jazzy, a feast for the ears!, 26 Jun 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Showtime (Audio CD)
In Holland Hue and Cry are not (yet) well known. Somehow I was able to lay my hands on this wonderful album. The voice of the lead singer is so smooth, I love to listen to the way he sings. Nowhere on this album does he force his vocal chords, the sound is controlled, yet emotional, both in the ballads and the up-tempo numbers. In short: I can reccomend this CD to everyone who loves top quality, musical, original pop music!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Voices let down by the Songs, 25 Aug 2006
Scully Bloke (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Showtime (Audio CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hue & Cry with Richard Niles input - still great!, 9 July 2009
John Wyndham fan (Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Showtime (Audio CD)
Like one of the other reviewers I have also been an H&C fan for years, with their debut album "Seduced And Abandoned (original)" still one of my favourite five. Yes, this is different from their earlier material - well it would be, produced by Richard Niles! H&C were in their jazz phase in 1994 (and I'd recommend their 1996 'Jazz Not Jazz' album too), but you can find a touch of jazz in quite a lot of their work.

'St. Christopher' (supposedly about Chris Eubank - no idea if that story's true or not) lifts my spirits when I hear it, and I particularly love 'Perfect Life' and 'Cynical'. Not so keen on 'Just Say You Love Me', but then I'm not a slow-song kind of person. Worth a listen.

Showtime
Showtime by Hue & Cry (Audio CD - 1998)