5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this album!
This album is one of those rare, beautiful, flawless presentations of all that is good in the world. This is the kind of music you can put on, and forget everything else in the world. You can simply enter into this Woman's world of simple, memorable tunes, all of which are exceptionally executed. This is one of those perfect albums, which everyone should own. Buy it now!
Published on 7 Jan 2003 by Mr J Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars But not for me
This is a great artist no doubt about that and there are some great titles on this album, but for me I thought this was a disappointing album. The remastering techniques used on this album do not work for me, I have heard many versions of these songs by Nina Simone on other albums which are far superior to this album.
Published 5 months ago by Larry Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this album!, 7 Jan 2003
Mr J Smith (Southend-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime Perfection, 18 July 2005
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
Nina Simone has one of those distinctive voices which is incredibly difficult to describe. I know that when I first heard this CD at a friends party a few years ago, I had to buy it.
As other reviewers have said, this is one of the only compilations that does hold so many of the listeners' favourite tracks such as Feeling Good, I Put a Spell on You, My Baby Just Cares for me etc but for me it's the lesser known tracks that I've fallen in love with.
Here Comes the Sun is a fantastic cover of George Harrison's classic. Simple with amazing gospel harmonies. The kind of track that gives you goosebumps. And Nina's rendition of Mr Bojangles made famous by Sammy Davis Jr is equally emotional: very different in mood to the original version or Robbie Williams' cover of the track.
Whilst there are songs I wish were on this album, such as Sinnerman or See-Line Woman, it's a treasure of a collection and doesn't fail to fulfil whatever mood needs nurturing at the time. If you are a Nina fan, you'll love this. If you've never heard anything by her, you'll love it even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now this is music !, 8 Oct 2000
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
Sick of soulless pop tat? Want to listen to something from the heart, not the marketing department? If you like music with style, feeling and personality (e.g. Air, Louis Armstrong,Portishead, Labi Siffri, Marvin Gaye, etc. etc.) then you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Nina??? - This is the CD to own, 10 Jun 2009
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
The only Nina CD worth buying, its brilliant, updated versions of her classics - fun, happy, lively - I love it!! - Great Sunday Morning CD

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of a Genius!!, 13 Nov 2002
Milt Ingarfield "milt_fm" (Arbroath, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
The term genius is really used alot these days but there are few who deserve it, not so this lady.
On this compilation from 1997 (the most up to date I could find!)we the music buying public are treated a 20 track album that sounds in places just heart stopping it's so good, but even at 20 tracks I feel robbed. Why is this album not longer?, I could put up with another disc of songs.
So until the record companies get there act together and release a compilation that truly is "The very best of Nina Simone" this disc will cover your needs at the moment for superb music from this great lady of song, buy this in the knowledge that it doesn't tell you the whole story but wets your taste buds for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 11 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
You can only enjoy this CD.
I came across this CD before I even knew who Nina Simone was. I immediately developed favourite tracks and listened to the entire CD rather than skipping over the second rate songs (there just aren't any)
Trust me, this is a great CD and no collection is complete without it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Poignant, 14 Jun 2005
cat (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
I too bought this CD a few years ago before I really knew who Nina Simone was. I had heard and loved the song "My Baby Just Cares for Me" before, and wanted to find out what the rest of her work was like.
I agree with the reviewers above who have said this is a flawless CD, featuring some fantastic tracks from one of the most amazing women in music history. Simone's music is haunting and poignant, and this CD has all of the best parts of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
Nina Simone - what more can you say !

2.0 out of 5 stars But not for me, 27 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone (Audio CD)
Unusual but well worth a listen, and great value for the money. Love the first track, feeling good, later tracks take a bit of listening to but worth the time.

Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone
Blue For You - The very best of Nina Simone by Nina Simone (Audio CD - 1998)