5.0 out of 5 stars The second greatest Scooter album ever!, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Our Happy Hardcore (MP3 Download)
Review by DJ Bulletix

The second of Scooter's studio albums, this album is, just like '...and the beat goes on!,' very unique and excellent. Some of the songs are extended versions, but most of them are radio edits. Unlike their first album, Our Happy Hardcore does not have crowd samples the throughout the album. Anyhow, I suggest you buy this album, listen to the songs and see what you think of them.

01 - LET ME BE YOUR VALENTINE- 8/10: Very cool! Even though it is an extended version, it is really one of the best songs in the album. It starts off with a crowd applause which is very different from their previous crowd applauses from their previous singles, and then a Scottish melody played by a series of bagpipes. Afterwards there is a fast-paced synth ditty that takes a little while for the beat to break out. The beat is quite manic (it is at a tempo of 170 BPM, as calculated), but hey, that's happy hardcore for you!

02 - STUTTGART- 9/10: I like this one! This is also one of the best songs in the entire album, even though it is an instrumental. This song reminds me of a beautiful and sunny summer's evening, when there is a glowing red sunset. There are beautiful piano interludes in it as well. This song starts with a synth ditty that rises and lowers in filter cut-off. Halfway through the song, the song breaks up into just a bass and kick, then the piano interludes chime in, making a melody that is actually not repetitive, but makes sense so much that I believe they might have ripped it off some other song. Still, this song is absolutely great!

03 - REBEL YELL- 8/10: This is the first Scooter song ever to have H.P. Baxxter singing the words instead of shouting or rapping them, and boy, what a manic beat!!! At around 180 BPM, the beat in this song is very fast! H.P. Baxxter sings a story about some woman and himself and how they get one with each other.

04 - LAST MINUTE- 7/10: Crumbs!! I can't believe they actually made a happy hardcore remix of the traditional worship song 'Hava Nagila'!!! They are some band!! This song actually speeds up near the end until gets more and more manic... it finishes off with a loud belch. Wow! That was weird!!!

05 - OUR HAPPY HARDCORE- 8/10: Wow! I think Scooter must've got the piano melody for this song out of some movie that I watched, because it actually sounds similar. It features H.P. Baxxter speaking through some sort of megaphone, but he doesn't sound quite well, he actually sounds like he is out of breath! This song's got a lot of drumandbass beats in it.

06 - EXPERIENCE- 9/10: This song is very interesting. It starts off with some man saying 'Experience,' and then a cool energetic beat that progresses into drumandbass elements. Very interesting synths throughout. I really like this one very much.

07 - THIS IS A MONSTERTUNE- 6/10: This song sounds kinda weird. It starts off with some UFO sound effects and then a synth ditty which slowly progresses into a fast-paced beat with a man (probably Ferris Bueller) whispering 'This is a monstertune.' The rest of the song sounds kinda outer space-like.

08 - BACK IN THE UK- 10/10: This song is TOTALLY WICKED!!! I absolutely ADORE this song!! I listen to it almost every day about 8 times. This is definitely what I'd call a British song! Same tempo as in 'Rebel Yell' and features a British-sounding chorus that is a rip-off of the theme tune from the British TV series 'Miss Marple'. This song has inspired me to create my happy hardcore song 'Raving in London.' it sounds similar to 'Back in the UK,' only 'Raving in London,' is actually a little slower, sounds different and has a different chorus melody. Anyhow, you must buy this track!!!!! Amazing, intense, superb!!!

09 - HYSTERIA- 6/10: This song is a remix of some classical song of which I forget the title. Anyhow, I sorta like it. Not really that impressive, but it's amazing.

10 - CRANK IT UP- 5/10: Very very manic, in fact, way too manic!!! The tempo is up to 190 BPM and it makes you go all hyper as though you are having a suger-rush. The song, however is a bit repetitive in places and not really impressive, but hey, it's Scooter, so who cares?

Overall, this album is very unique in all places... I really like it, A LOT!! A lot of work went into this album, as I can tell. Just BUY IT!!!

DJBulletix . com

5.0 out of 5 stars This fell from Heaven, 10 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: OUR HAPPY HARDCORE (Audio CD)
Dying of thirst in a landscape of Britpop, indie music and decent techno, I supped upon this lyrical cactus. Not put off by spikey home truths but cutting to the succulent heart, I learned to live by the seaside. With beats. God bless you Scooter. Back in the UK is particularly fine. Believe me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Dec 2010
Toby W. North - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Happy Hardcore (Audio CD)
All Scooter albums are the best. This one is superb. I would definitely recommended this album. Scooter is the best. I could listen to Scooter 24 hours a day 12 months a year.WICKEEEEED Album

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Happy Hardcore, 2 Feb 2010
A. Gardner "A Gardner" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Happy Hardcore (Audio CD)
This album demonstrates Scooter's originality they had back in their early days. The album consists of all instruments from piano chords to heavily altered synths and ranges between genres from Trance (Stuttgart) Drum 'n' Bass elements in Experience (which will blow you away when you hear it) and Happy Hardcore/Gabba (Crank It Up) which gives the album a sense of increasing speed throughout the tracks.
The highlights on this album are:
Stuttgart
Experience
This Is A Monstertune
Crank It Up
This is my favorite Scooter album and I would strongly recommend this to Hardcore and/or Scooter fans.

Our Happy Hardcore
Our Happy Hardcore by Scooter (Audio CD - 2004)