5.0 out of 5 stars Direction changing

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not his best work
Published on 7 Oct 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Direction changing, 17 July 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: 2pacalypse Now [VINYL] (Vinyl)
It seems funny to me now looking back on the time when I first listened to this album. I wasn't a big rap fan but waves of controversy from the U.S. persuaded me to splash out on this debut album. First spin and I was hooked, the first tracks to hit me were 'when my homie calls' and 'crooked a** n****' but it was the repeated listenings which would bring out the LP's true strength. 'Brendas gotta baby' is one of the best songs ever written in any genre. The beautiful melody along with the genuinely moving and meaningful lyrics caused it to stand head and shoulders above any rap that came before it. In my opinion 2pac has only ever equaled this song and could never better it. Listening to this album reminds you how much of a loss to the music industry 2pac's death truely was and causes me to wonder if his talent will ever be matched in the genre. This album changed my outlook on life in a lot of ways and opened my eyes to a lot of different music and for that it will always live long in my memory. Pure gold.

5.0 out of 5 stars hardcore???, 21 Mar 2001
Mr. I. J. Dixon "Music Guru" (UK/Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2 Pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
In my personal opinion, this album, hardcore or not, is one of tupacs best albums as it portrays the struggles that young afro-americans have to endure in modern day U.S. society. This album gives out political arguements and shows raw emotion through 2pacs eyes. The albums that 2pac makes do not have to be 'hardcore' to be good and any true 2pac fan will realise this and not look at the 'commercial' hits 2pac did as the best, because in truth, every album that 2pac has released is excellent.
If you are a true 2pac fan mail me 2 talk more. peace out 2 the true fans

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD 2PAC, 17 Mar 2013
Miss E. Simpson "ellen ann" (leicester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2Pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
I JUST LOVE 2PAC THEY GET BETTER AND BETTER SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM, GOOD TO LISTEN TO IN CAR AND HOME

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be back, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: 2Pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
Arrived on time . Item as described will buy more CDs in the future off you my son big 2pac fan

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not his best work, 7 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: 2pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
This CD is a good one but deffinutly not as hardcore rap style as his other albums.The album inclueds songs like Brenda's got a baby which was his first ever single to be released in the charts and others like trapped,if my homies call which are of the same style.It's a good album with some good hits and also a good album considering it was his first but deffinetly not his best work.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 10 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: 2 Pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
"2Pacalypse Now" was 2Pac's debut album and although he was making a name for himself as a huge movie star, he was relatively unknown as a rapper, but this album would change all that and would make many people sit up and take note. This album was by no means his most commercially successful and the album's sound has a more east coast hip hop based than a lot of his later work which had more of a west coast gangster rap feel to it. The album is possibly the most politically charged of his career and the subjects deal with his hate for the police, the government and anybody that has ever gotten in his way and prevented him from becoming the superstar he was set to become. The lyrics are extremely angry and the beats are hard and relentless and this is possibly the rawest and most original of all his work. The highlights of the fast paced politically charged album include "Brenda's Got A Baby", "Trapped", "Something Wicked", "Rebel Of The Underground" and "Violent". Overall it's a brilliant album.

4.0 out of 5 stars a real good debut album but not his best, 9 Oct 2000
brian.franklin2@ntlworld.com (Swindon,Wiltshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 2pacalypse Now (Audio CD)
This album is a real good one for a debut but if you were looking for tupac's best album then this isn't it.It consits of 'Brenda's got a baby' which is a real good song and the other two real good songs on this album are 'Trapped' and 'If my homies call' but none of the song on the album are really 'hardcore' rap.If you are a die-hard tupac fan get this album but if not in my opinion just get Tupac's greatest hits because all the good songs from this album are on that but it is a good album if you may not like hardcore rap.....

ARRAY(0xac47d510)

2 Pacalypse Now
2 Pacalypse Now by 2Pac (Audio CD - 1998)