5.0 out of 5 stars Mostly about Dusseldorf (in case you didn't know), 26 Aug 2010
D. J. H. Thorn "davethorn13" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
I've been listening to a lot of so-called 'Krautrock' recently and after hearing NEU!'s albums wasted no time finding out what Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother did next. While Dinger's music is pioneering, it's far closer to the mainstream than most of the other influential German bands. In other words, it rocks. 'Dusseldorf' is typical: relentless, uptempo and exuberant with intelligent use of sound effects (a football crowd). Dinger is also irrepressible as a vocalist, which complements the instrumentation. 'Silver Cloud' stands out too for being so melodic and elegant, but not a second is wasted on this album. Original and entertaining, a rare combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Neu, 7 April 2013
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
There is only one thing wrong with this album and that is that it is not long enough. At its best it is as good as the best Neu, and at its worst it is no worse than the worst Neu. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What NEU did next, 11 Dec 2007
Nigel Gibbs (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
Still waiting for my vinyl copy to turn up (ordered over 20 years ago)As soon as I saw the CD was available I didn't hesitate. Cliche#1, It was well worth the wait (not strictly true as I could have been enjoying this recording long ago)Cliche#2,forgotten classic,again not strictly true, it's status was I believe well known to anyone with an interest in sublime music (I see no need to prefix that with "early 70's German"). The opening track with its undertones of Dusseldorfs other well known "power plant" expands, swells, ebbs/flows, drives, chants, roars and leaves you in little doubt of where the more progressive and grown up British Electro bands found their motherlode (Cliche#3 without the lustre or intelligence)Cliche#4, this really is one of those records that discribes itself.This critic has fallen foul of many gushing reviews of 70's German (and British for that matter)recordings, made by "fans" with no critical filters. If you are a lover of one of the great periods of German music, this recording must be part of your collection. I do not believe in de-constructing songs to their elements, I wouldn't know a complex chord progression if it strummed me in the face, I do know clever, worldly music that fills me with admiration for the better side of humanity. VIVA La Dusseldorf

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album - however some advice, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
This is a great CD, since receiving it last week it hasn't left the CD player in my car. One notch away from NEU less avant guard but in my view more listenable as a whole. There are other reviews on here that do far greater justice to this CD so I wont pontificate any more, however my advice is -

This CD is issued by Warner Brothers, the CD is fine, however when played on, or copied to a computer the sound quality renders the music unlistenable. I like to buy a CD and copy it to my computer to transfer it to my MP3 player for listening to whilst cycling and memory stick for use in my car. Sadly the only way that I can play this CD is through a conventional CD player. After much research on the internet the solution to this problem still eludes me. This music in not available as a download which would presumably overcome my problem.

My solution has been to buy a second copy of this CD issued by the Spanish label Estrella, this is also available from Amazon and is coupled with La Dusseldorfs follow up to this CD "Viva", another fine album. I would wholeheartedly recommend this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ding Ding Hooray, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
A fine album of joyous melodies,experimentism and that patented Dinger beat. Dusseldorf is the highlight with its very whistleable melody. Silver Cloud second. La Dusseldorf 3rd and lastly Time. If you like Neu! Or very early Kraftwerk then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as NEU!, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
If you like NEU! then buy this album.
The opening track "Dusseldorf" is as good as anything NEU! ever did.

Buy. Enjoy. Thank me later !

5.0 out of 5 stars Peel....Peel, 14 Mar 2008
S. Mcphee "crystal_spears" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Dusseldorf (Audio CD)
I still recall Peel playing this ...and Sounds in glasgow had a copy that weekend....just loved it ...

ARRAY(0xac2be4e0)

La Dusseldorf
La Dusseldorf by La Düsseldorf (Audio CD - 2005)