5.0 out of 5 stars Nice budget collection
This collection contains some of Doris Day's hits and some great covers. Among her own hits are Move over darling (her last UK top ten hit) together with her two UK number one hits, Whatever will be will be and Secret love. Love me or leave me, I'll never stop loving you and Everybody loves a lover also made the UK charts.
The set also includes Sentimental journey,...
Published on 29 Mar. 2005 by Peter Durward Harris

1.0 out of 5 stars one star too much!
The Only reason I have given ONE star to this product is because I have too. I Never received this so how could I possibly say that I am satisfied in any shape or form?
Published 21 months ago by Anthony House

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice budget collection, 29 Mar. 2005
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
The set also includes Sentimental journey, Bewitched bothered and bewildered and When I fall in love, all of which provided Doris with American hits, as well as great covers of Softly as I leave you, Singing in the rain, Make someone happy, Very thought of you, Fly me to the moon and April in Paris.
Committed fans won't find anything new or unusual here, but this set provides a brief introduction to the music of Doris Day for those who just want a little of her music at a budget price. I suspect that a few people who start with this collection will become captivated by the wonderful sounds emanating from their speakers and will eventually buy more of her music. In the meantime, they will derive much pleasure from the music herein.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous single CD collection of the great Doris Day, 2 Nov. 2010
Mike L (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
Doris Day's innocent, girl-next-door voice has lost none of its charm over the years - if anything, it has only grown with our modern, knowing age. Please note that this review is for the 1998 release on Columbia, not the album with the same name on Music Digital, which is different.

The Columbia CD presents a great selection of her hits. Although Daydreaming: The Very Best of Doris Day is better value, I prefer this album. 'Daydreaming' doesn't include her wonderful interpretation of the Nat King Cole classic 'When I fall in love', nor the outstanding 'Make somone happy'. You'd also miss 'Softly, as I leave you'; 'It had to be you'; 'Singin in the rain'; 'The very thought of you'; and 'April in Paris'.

Both albums begin with the poppy 'Move Over Darling' which was a huge hit for Day, but less charming than much of her other work. Despite this small quibble, a great album.

1 Move over darling 1963
16 I'll never stop loving you 1955

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT JUST A PRETTY FACE, 26 Mar. 2010
M. READE (SOUTH WALES) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
A FINE EARLY COLLECTION OF DORIS COVERING MANY GREAT STANDARDS IN HER OWN INIMTABLE STYLE.
SUPERB EASY LISTENING.

1.0 out of 5 stars one star too much!, 6 July 2013
Anthony House (Glos, U.K.) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars another great, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
have never been able to fault doris day yet, this is another one of her great recordingsI simply love it

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous DD at her best, 23 Aug. 2004
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
great collection of Doris tunes which will have you humming and singing along in no time. mixture of upbeat and classic ballads showing of the truly remarkable voice which is Doris Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 31 Mar. 2015
Brilliant

3.0 out of 5 stars Forget B*Witched and the Spice Girls- Have Doris Day!, 3 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Best of Doris Day (Audio CD)
This classic artist has produced another one of her top C.D's -(although I have to admit that all of her C.D's are gradually getting more similar each time. Her voice is better than ever but i am afraid that the songs aren't.I feel that she needs to explore more in her range of songs but my final word is : Forget B*Witched and the Spice Girls-Have Doris Day!

The Best of Doris Day
The Best of Doris Day by Doris Day (Audio CD - 1996)