4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked sounds, 27 Dec 2003
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
This album is getting on a bit now but i still always come back to it,circles is a timeless track as is f-jam.I was interested to read that his dad was also a star.Its not suprising that adam f went on to work with rappers in usa such as redman he easily has the skills to do it.Id much rather listen to him then the plastic beats by the neptunes etc.If you dont own this album you should buy it asap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, sexy and satisfying, 27 Mar 2000
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I bought this album after having become smitten with the Bob James mix track 'Circles' at a party . Although Circles is definitely the star track on this album I was not disappointed with the rest of it's contents! Mr 'F' has produced a stylishly sharp mix of tracks combining Acid Jazz, Jungle and Kitsch. The result is uplifting and very danceable. A great summer album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 9 Feb 2010
R. Layton "Thrud1973" (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
Fantastic album. After a gap of 13 years for me away from the genre (marriage really screws your music listening up at times) I was busy re-aquireing my old LTJ Bukem tunes when this popped up as a recomendation and I am jolly glad it did.

Fantastic mix of harder jungle (Circles) with some fantastic funky liquid tunes as well.

This instantly went into my top ten albums. Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dad was also a star, 5 Jun 2002
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I first heard of Adam F through a Dj mate of mine. He had a copy of circles, and played it to death in his set. Hearing this song again, some 5 or 6 years later in stills sounds as fresh and hypnotic as it ever did. Along with the 4 hero's remix of the Nu Yorican Soul's; Dark gold of the sun, Circles remains one of Drum and Bass's finest moments. The album has other high points. MC Conrad on the funk/jazzy track, F-jams, supplies his usual energetic and simple accompany, metropolis is a harder dance floor number to get to your toe tapping and head bobbing. Adam F perfected the larger, fuller, chilled out drum and bass sound on this album. some of the current Producers should listen to this album, then maybe enject some new ideas into a drum and bass sence that went very stale a long time ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Thing, 18 Mar 2004
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
As well as being the best piece of work of it genre, Colours is one of the most aptly named records around. There are a lot of fans of 'dark' d&b around.... darkness has its place (especially in d&b), but the patterns evoked in this record make this one of the most colourful records money can buy.
Of course Circles is up there as the standout track, a genuine classic in days where the word 'classic' is tossed around far too liberally. This may sound incredibly pompous, but Circles is the 'Stairway To Heaven' for the breakbeat generation.
But there is so much more to Colours and I would urge anyone who hasn't already, to give themselves up and lose themselves in this record.
It is still a rush years later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless - for want of a better word!, 9 May 2008
Master B. J. Bateson "el cid" (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
Words can't describe just how good this album is. Too many times you hear people talking about Drum & Bass, and the only artist they have to hand is "Pendulum".
This is Drum & Bass as it should be - a mix of chilled jazz grooves with bouncing basslines that almost change to suit the mood. Stand out tracks are impossible to pull, the album does not have a chink in the armour.
Please buy this album, the price on offer is little more than theft!

For a similarly great album, try LTJ Bukem; Journey Inwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colours is creating an urban and jazzy atmosphere, 13 Dec 2000
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I kept "Mother Earth" for a long time in my mind, until I found out who was the artist behind it. Colours and especially the track "Mother Earth" is the kind of music that fills a room with a Jazzy atmosphere, along with a strong urban influence. A dream between the underground of New York and the Brazilian rainforest. I strongly recommend it, as a source of refreshing thoughts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any Roni Size or Peshay fan, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I first encountered the song Circles, from this album and was instantly hooked. I'd wanted the album for a while and the rest of it is equally pleasing. Stand out tracks for me are F Jam, Circles and Music in My Mind. Just good drum and bass fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic of the genre, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I don't understand the above review pinned to this album: loves it or loathes it ?! I've never met anyone that doesn't love it, and I don't think I ever will.
Also, who says the Tracey Thorn track is dreadful? This reviewer probably doesn't even like EBTG (loser!).

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 Surpasses Time Still A Beautiful Classic, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Colours (Audio CD)
I have been listening to various types of music for many years and producing music. And I have to admit that when I listen to this album it still makes me smile like a kid. It has the production skills of a german car manufacturer and the creative skills of an Italian renaissance artist. I always like to break down musical barriers and believe that no matter what type of music I listen to it has to spark something in me that intrigues me at a deeper level. This does that.

Do me a favor and grab a copy then sit back relax and be bombarded by the colour of sound in it's most expressive form.

Nice work Adam F and alot of producers could learn how it's done by checking out this all time classic.

Starts off quite tough and raw with slight assertive beats and then as the album progresses it slides down a notch or two to become a melodic delicious more ambient groove with more textures and colours than a Picasso.

If you like Drum and Bass and collect it then this is a must have.

Have fun

Greg:)

Colours
Colours by Adam F (Audio CD - 1997)