5.0 out of 5 stars superb suburbs
i had this on cassete when it first came out all them years ago the sound of the suburbs reminds me of all the saturday nights i had when i was a kid listening to my babysitters records she was into all the classic punk and newave bands from the jam to blondie the teardrop explodes to the members a must for all fans of the late 70's early 80's music
Published on 26 Sep 2003 by bubba74

3.0 out of 5 stars My first reviev
I think this is an excellent album for those who like 80's music I certainly enjoyed it on first hearing it
Published on 22 Nov 2009 by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars superb suburbs, 26 Sep 2003
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now! Stop reading this review and do it! Go!, 19 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
I bought this CD second hand and it has to be one of the best buys I'veever made. This album brings together punk and new wave classics, and acts as a great introduction to the music from the late 1970s/early 1980s. It even reminds me of a time I wasn't even alive in, and that can only be a good thing. Anyone interested in music from this era should start with this album, and see how great music was back then. Even if you don't like all the tracks, I guarantee that 'Another Girl Another Planet' will become one of your favourite songs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only CD I've needed in my car for years !!, 3 Dec 1999
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
If you were born in the mid 1960's this CD will perfectly recreate your teens. A wonderfully diverse collection of raw, sometimes violent, always powerful tunes. I must've listened to this CD (and previously the tape) more than any other I own. GET IT !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album - but a trivia question that I can't answer, 15 Jan 2007
Redhouse (Cambs, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
A superb album so that we can all sit back with our Espresso Lattes with one eye on BBC News 24 and listen to what was going on in our rebellious past. Every track on this album brings back memories for me. HOWEVER!!! - why are Squeeze mentioned on the cover when they have no track on the album? Answers on a postcad please. Shame because were a great band - I saw them supporting The Tubes at Hammersmith Odeon and it is still one of the best double bills I've ever been to.

5.0 out of 5 stars nostalgia, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
i own this on cassette and updated to the CD version,a great CD of old classics tunes, i recommend this a great addition to any CD collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it on! Nostalgia Rocks!, 10 April 2014
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
Crank up the volume and enjoy! It's an excellent album for those maybe greying a little but still punk at heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic tracks, 5 Mar 2014
Keith White (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
Punchy collection of the edgy best from the era, a true history lesson for those that were not lucky enough to be going down the local youth club on a Friday night at the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
new wave and punk anthems a mix of great sounds love it something for everyone of that era excellent service again cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
We used to play this cassette in the car when I was younger and it gives me great memories of me my mum and my sister driving everywhere and anywhere. The songs are great and ignited my love for the music of the 80's and Echo Beach is especially sentimental to me. It's a worthy buy with 18 exceptional tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to my childhood. Its never off the car stereo., 2 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
This has all the classics. Adam Ant, The Jam,The undertones. It is on permanently in my car. After a bad day at work Crank up Weller and were off to the 80'S.
DARN IN SLAAAR...(SLOUGH)

The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave
The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave by Various (Audio CD - 1997)