5.0 out of 5 stars superb suburbs
i had this on cassete when it first came out all them years ago the sound of the suburbs reminds me of all the saturday nights i had when i was a kid listening to my babysitters records she was into all the classic punk and newave bands from the jam to blondie the teardrop explodes to the members a must for all fans of the late 70's early 80's music
Published on 26 Sept. 2003 by bubba74

3.0 out of 5 stars My first reviev
I think this is an excellent album for those who like 80's music I certainly enjoyed it on first hearing it
Published on 22 Nov. 2009 by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars superb suburbs, 26 Sept. 2003
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now! Stop reading this review and do it! Go!, 19 Dec. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
I bought this CD second hand and it has to be one of the best buys I'veever made. This album brings together punk and new wave classics, and acts as a great introduction to the music from the late 1970s/early 1980s. It even reminds me of a time I wasn't even alive in, and that can only be a good thing. Anyone interested in music from this era should start with this album, and see how great music was back then. Even if you don't like all the tracks, I guarantee that 'Another Girl Another Planet' will become one of your favourite songs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only CD I've needed in my car for years !!, 3 Dec. 1999
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
If you were born in the mid 1960's this CD will perfectly recreate your teens. A wonderfully diverse collection of raw, sometimes violent, always powerful tunes. I must've listened to this CD (and previously the tape) more than any other I own. GET IT !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars nostalgia, 18 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
i own this on cassette and updated to the CD version,a great CD of old classics tunes, i recommend this a great addition to any CD collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Punkish, 25 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
Imagine the best ever Top of the Pops from 1979 - it's all here. Obviously I've wiped Kiki Dee and all the rubbish they actually played on TOTP from my memory. And the strange false memory syndrome has created an hour long episode with great pop punk moments - one after the other. I'm not sure whether to delete Legs and Co from my "false memory". Maybe they could do something to "Turning Japanese".

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 23 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
We used to play this cassette in the car when I was younger and it gives me great memories of me my mum and my sister driving everywhere and anywhere. The songs are great and ignited my love for the music of the 80's and Echo Beach is especially sentimental to me. It's a worthy buy with 18 exceptional tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw me through the 90's, 18 Feb. 2009
G. S. Moss "Champ Man" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
What a great little collection... I had this on tape and it lived in my walkman through the early 90's... I've subsequently downloaded most of the sourced albums, but it's a great little collection for the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to my childhood. Its never off the car stereo., 2 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
This has all the classics. Adam Ant, The Jam,The undertones. It is on permanently in my car. After a bad day at work Crank up Weller and were off to the 80'S.
DARN IN SLAAAR...(SLOUGH)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic tracks, 5 Mar. 2014
Keith White (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
Punchy collection of the edgy best from the era, a true history lesson for those that were not lucky enough to be going down the local youth club on a Friday night at the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave (Audio CD)
new wave and punk anthems a mix of great sounds love it something for everyone of that era excellent service again cheers

The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave
The Sound of the Suburbs: 80's New Wave by Various (Audio CD - 1997)