5.0 out of 5 stars A London Labyrinth favourite
Published on 25 Mar 2000 by glyn.wilcox@freeuk.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry to disappoint you but....
Published on 12 July 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A London Labyrinth favourite, 25 Mar 2000
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
This is breathtaking at times. I like albums that immediately sound fresh and original but which also slowly reveal further layers.This has a wealth of ideas, subtle detail and inspired combinations of textures. Challenging but wholly listenable and thoroughly absorbing. Something of an overlooked masterpiece. This is listed on the London Labyrinth web site which features the best links for those who like electronic/sampling maestros such as these.
Glyn Wilcox

5.0 out of 5 stars The Future of dance music?, 16 Dec 1999
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
The more you listen to this album, the more astonishing it becomes. Trying hard to shape the future of dance music out of the current trend of comercialised one trick tracks, they have created a CD that is beyond innovative. With their 'Natural Rythmn' and other Vjammed tracks they create stunning audio visual tracks. You may find it hard to beleive that this ablum has 13 tracks- 73 mins, 7 videos (three more that are not audio) and loads of stuff for your computer to keep YOU creating the music and loads of weird stuff. The most complete package of an album ever created. Buy it and give it a chance. It will grow on you and in the future you'll be able to say to your mates 'I told you so, I've been listening to this 'new' dance music for years thanx to Coldcut'

5.0 out of 5 stars electronic at its best, 11 Jan 2003
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
An artistic masterpiece! Poltically, socially, ecologically and technologically charged. Not for those looking for another elctro or trip-hop album, it is a reflection on the 90's. Incorporating electro, trip-hop, dance and ambience tracks each technically superior in terms of musical structure in their particular genres. Anyone who prides themself on their taste in music should be proud to add this to their collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry to disappoint you but...., 12 July 2000
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
...well, sorry, but I thought this was rubbish. I guess it depends on what you're expecting - in my case that was trip-hop and, being a fan of Herbaliser on the same record label, I thought I'd give these guys a try. Admittedly I havn't listened to it many times but when I do I simply can't penetrate an overdone elctronic/digital exterior - if you like "electronica", you may like this, if like me you prefer more old skool vibes, stand well clear... There is a lot of variety on the album and at times many tracks sound promising but seem to be invariably let down by abstract computerised sounds which, I'm afraid, simply don't do it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, funky, freaky treat!, 1 Sep 2000
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
This album is an absolute audio treat! The highlight of the album has got to be the More Beats and Pieces track sampling just about everything from Bill Clinton to Peter and the Rabbit! ...Coldcut have something to say and have got a very clever way of saying it....The box set includes the PCCD videos of some of the tracks on the album and some extra ones not on the album and are amazing....Having seen Coldcut live, seeing these brought it all back to me of how much thought has gone into the music on this album. This is one of those CDs that grows and grows on you the more you listen to it, which you can do from beginning to end - no problem! Probably my favourite album in my collection!

3.0 out of 5 stars A weak album with one heavily redeeeming feature., 1 Dec 2001
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
Being a huge fan of all things 'ninja', I was very disappointed with this album. Having enjoyed tracks from Coldcut on such compilations as Xen cuts, I was expecting something pretty special and found myself feeling wholely unfulfilled after listening to it. 'Timber', however, is a massively redeeming feature. Such a masterpiece of electronic wizzardry seems out of place in what is otherwise a pretty mediocre contribution. I would encourage any self-respecting music fan to add 'Timber' to their collection...without buying the Coldcut album.

5.0 out of 5 stars hit the spot: bassy beats, crazy samples all mix amazingly, 11 Feb 2001
This review is from: Let Us Play (Audio CD)
the best bit is were they are scraching to the wizzard of oz tune, unterly dope.no one tune that is crap,a crudely mixed CD, bit like the intermentals from herbalizer, buy it it's wicked

Let Us Play
Let Us Play by Coldcut (Audio CD - 2001)