5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pop/rock!
Published on 11 April 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic but disappointing
Got this CD as had the cassette back in the 90's. Thought, 'that will be great to listen to again', however, couldn't believe how cheesy some of the songs are. Couldn't bare to listen to it more than once! Oh well... lesson learned.
Published on 28 Oct 2009 by FiNaLiTY

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect pop/rock!, 11 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
Following on from the 1981 "Wired for sound" album, it took until 1987 for Cliff and record producer Alan Tarney to be reunited. Cliff had spent a year in the West End musical "Time" and with "Always guaranteed", he burst back onto the pop/rock scene like a new, young energetic pop singer.A real tour-de force, this really was pop/rock! "One night", "One upon a time", "Two hearts", "Under your spell" and the title track were just faultless.Add to this the majestic "Some people", "Remember me" and the perfect pop of "My pretty one" and you have a perfect pop/rock record. This was, and still is, Cliff's biggest-selling studio album that put him back in the album Top 5 alongside Madonna and Michael Jackson. It again showed that Cliff could re-invent himself, inject new life and place himself slap bang in the middle of the pop action. The album sold DOUBLE-PLATINUM. Nice one Cliff!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Album - Enjoyment Guaranteed!, 9 Jan 2004
Christine T. (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
Originally released in 1987, Always Guaranteed became Cliff's biggest-selling studio album - an achievement yet to be eclipsed.
Although now more than fifteen-years-old, it still sounds fresh and original. Alan Tarney produced this album, and between them Cliff and Alan achieved the success they richly deserved but which, to a degree, had eluded them on their previous collaborations.
The original tracks - starting with "One Night" and through to the title track "Always Guaranteed" - are mostly lively and up-tempo, although the pace does slow down for just a couple of ballads, "Some People" and "Forever" and also, maybe, for "This Time Now" which I suppose could be classed as a ballad but it is a very strong one, and is one of my personal favourites on the album.
The Bonus Tracks are satisfactory, and are all well-worth a listen, but for me it is the original tracks which stand out to create a truly excellent album - and one which I have never tired of since its original issue.
Any fan of Cliff's who is NOT familiar with this album has a treat in store! Anyone who is NOT a fan of Cliff's, and thinks he is boring and predictable, should also give it a listen. It must surely change your opinion!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff's Best Guaranteed, 16 Oct 2004
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
Always Guaranteed released in 1987 became Cliff's biggest selling studio album produced four hit singles and is absolutely perfect from start to finish Alan Tarney is so amazing as songwriter, arranger, producer, musician that with repeated listenings you can hear new sounds that you thought were inaudible before and Cliff's voice just floats right over the top it is just magic this is an essential album for your collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff Richard/Alan Tarney(prod) = Always G'teed(remastered)CD, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
All of Alan Tarney's productions (qv Aha, Barbara Dickson, Leo Sayer, Cliff Richard, see his Wiki-page) should come with a Govt health warning: Risk of addiction - in the nicest possible way. A genius.

Fast paced driving pop/rock at its very best.

Mandatory purchase even for casual Cliff fans.

Cliff's voice on top form as always.

Recommended purchase, marks out of 10: 11/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a big Cliff Fan, but love this album bought it on tape and cd, 11 Feb 2011
Angel (sailing by) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
I got this album on tape as a present, when it was first released. I wouldn't be a big Cliff fan but I really love this album, full of catchy, romantic tunes, you can't help but sing along. I have now purchased this album on cd as my tape is worn out and the sound is poor as you can imagine the cd sound is superb. The extra tracks are not brilliant but I do like track 16 another Christmas day and track 18 reunion of the heart. full marks for this album...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album., 19 May 2010
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
One of only two albums I've ever purchased of Cliff to date, and both from the late 80s - the other being 'Stronger'. (see my Review for that title)

I liked the four singles that came from this album - my favourite being (as always) the one that made the least impression chart-wise; 'Remember Me' which for some reason only peaked at number thirty-five which I think should have been a chart-topper. As so with the gorgeous 'Some People' - though reaching much higher at position three, was well worthy of a number one.

This is a nice album that has now been digitally re-mastered with bonus tracks on some editions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good album., 19 May 2010
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

5.0 out of 5 stars cliff, 2 Mar 2010
Mr. G. Kerr (st helens lancashire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
Replacement for vinyl LP. Remastered version is crystal clear with excellent reproduction. No down side.
GK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff always guarantees, 14 Dec 2009
I. Grieve (Macduff, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
This album is aptly titled 'Always Guaranteed' as with everything Cliff Richard records, the songs and the content are excellent. Of course I am biased as I have been a fan of Cliff since the start and there has been very little to disappoint from Cliff in all these years. I first purchased this as a vinyl album but as I no longer have a record player I am gradually replacing my LP's with the CD versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cliff Richard Always Guaranteed by EMI, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Always Guaranteed (Audio CD)
One of the very best pop rock cds i have on my collection i play it in the car and in my house they are all great pop songs of a far more recent period from Sir Cliff my next cd from Amazon will be Living Proof from Cher.
Always Guaranteed is well worth the money my dear mum was into Sir Cliff in the 1960s and 1970s on my birthday Cliff was number one in the charts for a long time with The Last Time, then the B side went to number one as well for many months come forward to 1979 he has a massive hit with We Don't Talk Anymore, so i have been keeping a close eye on his music as there is truth and feeling in every lyric and those songs are very well recorded and produced by well known producers and songwriters.

I am not into Rock 'n' Roll i am from the pop period and would like to see him record more pop songs rather than Rock 'n' Roll but of course that's a matter for the record companies.

ARRAY(0xa3463618)

Always Guaranteed
Always Guaranteed by Cliff Richard (Audio CD - 1989)