5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Joe
I don`t know what it is about Joe Walsh, I really don`t, but I can`t stop playing this generously filled 77-minute compilation, taken from Joe`s days with The James Gang, Barnstorm, and his first two solo albums.
Published on 3 May 2012 by GlynLuke

1.0 out of 5 stars This surely isn't the best of Joe Walsh
I must admit, I didn't buy this - someone lent it to me on that "have it as long as you like - I'm in no hurry to get it back" basis. We were going to rehearse Rocky Mountain Way to see how it panned out. It didn't get to rehearsal. One good Track (Turn to Stone, which brought back great memories of classic live film from The Old Grey Whistle Test) and one average track...
Published on 27 Jan 2007 by Moz

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Joe, 3 May 2012
GlynLuke (York UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Best of Joe Walsh & The James Gang 1969-1974 (Audio CD)
Somehow I missed out on Joe Walsh. Naturally, I knew about him, was aware he`d become an Eagle sometime in the 70s, was a guitarist... Well! The man sings, in a high Plant-like way, writes meandering, somewhat offbeat songs that nevertheless draw you in the more you play them - and he`s one of the tastiest, most inventive guitarists I have ever heard. In fact, I can`t help wanting more of his stunning guitar every time I play this disc.
From the first jittery, high octane notes of Funk No 8, through the marvellous Led Zep-like The Bomber, to the irresistible hit Rocky Mountain Way, along with fifteen other superb tracks - not a dud among them - this is a beguiling ride. It`s worth reading up on Mr Walsh, he sounds like a great guy, with a zany sense of humour to boot. The latter is in evidence on some tracks, for example the opening manic cries of the excellent Meadows. The whole of this collection exudes good humour, a kind of languidly timeless rock music of no particular genre - which I suppose is one reason why I can`t for the life of me pin down just what it is I love about it.
I`ve already ordered his album But Seriously Folks, and I can`t wait to hear it. If it`s as lovable as all the music here, I`ll have another reason for the daft grin on my face.
There aren`t that many rock musicians who can make you feel this damn happy - Nils Lofgren, Lovin` Spoonful, Steely Dan and early Little Feat spring to mind - so I`m not going to wonder why this guy has made my year, but I sure as hell am going to keep playing his irrepressible, ebullient, joyous music for as long as I can.
As an introduction to Joe Walsh, bless him, this is terrific value for money, despite an odd lack of track details (who plays what, etc). Now, if he`d only tour the UK...
I love this man!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best three pounds I've spent for ages, 28 Mar 2005
The Realsoulbluesman "MikeT" (Clitheroe, Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this in the recent Amazon sale and have been simply blown away. I had forgotten how good Joe and the boys were. Get yourself a beer, turn down the lights and turn up the volume. Not a weak track on it. For 3 if you don't like it use it as a frisbee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Walsh - Genius, 19 Nov 2002
I bought this cd after it was recommended to me by a friend - the best decision of my life! the mastery of Funk no 48 hits you as soon as the cd starts to play, then that level is more or less maintained right the way through the whole 18 songs! a particular highlight is funk no 49.
All that had anything to do with this cd must be congratulated in bringing this masterpiece to life. I doubt there will ever be a classic rock cd to better it. Pure 5* genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Walsh, 6 Jun 2013
Excellent. If you love the Eagles, here is a chance to hear the distinctive voice of Joe Walsh who has written so many good songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars joe walsh 69/74, 4 Jun 2013
EASY LISTENING. GOOD VALUE. IF YOU LIKE JOE YOU WILL DEFINATELY LIKE THIS CD IN YOUR COLLECTION. GOOD IN THE CAR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, good work from Walsh and JG, 30 April 2013
Love Collage as does everyone I have played it to, everyone needs this on their playlist and The Bomber is a sublime track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 14 Feb 2013
Yet another great album from Joe Walsh and the James Gang, at their very best. Almost new condition, used, CD; great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Walsh and the James Gang, 9 Dec 2012
It's good to catch up on music that flashed past me too quickly in only little bits and pieces, in another life. I can enjoy the full effect now. Great music

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of, 24 Jun 2011
Can't go wrong if you like Joe Walsh. It has just about all you need. As a Joe Walsh fan (having seen them live in 1970)it's definitely the "best of" in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overview, 26 Aug 2013
Mr. Aa James - See all my reviews
This cd has a well rounded selection of tracks from joe walsh plus ,10 from the james gang .
Great guitar and some strong performances make this a nice compilation album
worth looking into