5.0 out of 5 stars This album made me a Sinatra fan!
Published on 10 Feb 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty C.D
Track one has a fault and starts to jump quite near the beginning. The other tracks are fine so I decided to keep it since I wanted to take it on holiday.
Published 9 months ago by duncan m pettigrew

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This album made me a Sinatra fan!, 10 Feb 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Although a teenager, this album, without a shadow of a doubt, is my favourite out of my whole collection! This was the first Sinatra album I bought, mainly as I had heard songs such as My Way and New York, New York before and wanted to hear some other Sinatra songs to see what I thought of them. They are brilliant! Sinatra's voice has a magnificent quality to it and seems to possess so much feeling. All the songs on this album are sung to perfection and the big band pieces are especially brilliant. The Lady is a Tramp and Bad, Bad Leroy Brown have such power to them, but there are those more soft, subtle songs too, like Something Stupid and Moon River which really demonstrate Sinatra's talent for being a truely class singer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic!, 12 Sep 2003
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite CDs in my collection right now. It's a refreshing change to buy an album of any kind which purely consists of great songs. What a shame it is that so many record companies are releasing albums of all kinds which are 90% filler these days.
Some of Frank's greatest songs are to be found on this disc, and the recording quality is impeccable. Definitely well worth the purchase. I'd also recommend the E-O-11 Ratpack album as a good companion.

4.0 out of 5 stars and don't tell your mama !, 15 Jun 2010
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
There's no doubting the quality of music that's on this Cd. The problem is so much stuff has been left off it. I agree with the main reviewer in that several tracks like Bad leroy brown etc should'nt have been included at the expense of better songs. There's many top tunes missing here..Witchcraft,Mr Success,Chicago,High Hopes,Luck be a lady..etc etc, the list goes on. That's the problem with an artist like Sinatra who's catalogue is vast, i could be wrong but i don't think anyone has actually released a definitive sinatra set?

I'm more of a fan of Sinatra's big band sound personally so if thats your bag then you might be disappointed with some of the more lighter works of Sinatra's like those arranged by nelson Riddle etc. That said it's still Sinatra and that voice shines through like a beacon from above! Most of the main tracks are all here. My Way,new york new york,You make me feel so young,I've got you under my skin etc..all complete and utter classics. please note though that a couple of tracks are from later recordings and in the case of the lady is a tramp it is a live version that features not the original superior studio version. Some of Sinatra's live recordings though are better than the originals.

the sound quality is fair but not outstanding. It's not nearly as well remastered as Sinatra's At the sands CD for instance.

As an introductory CD to Sinatra this accomplishes that task with the majority of the classics all present but i'd advise you to delve deeper into his catalogue as so many great songs are not here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The difinitive Sinatra collection., 11 Sep 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
"My Way" is most definetly one of the best CDs I have ever listened to. The CD is a near complete collection of timeless classics all sang by the best voice in the business. There isn't one song I would describe as a filler to this marvellous collection. For the uninitiated, openers "My Way" and "New York, New York" are songs you'll undoubtedly recognise and set the scene for a truely great album. My personal favourites would have to be "What now my love" and "I've got you under my skin". In both, you just get that feeling Sinatra didn't even have to try, a natural born singer with perhaps the best male voice ever committed to record. I can't recommend this CD enough, everyone should have a copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Kind of Music, 28 July 2001
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Young people like me perhaps know The Beatles, Elvis, etc. from before they were born but Sinatra is unfortunately on the whole unrecognised. Why? His melodious voice and individual style and character led to songs with attitude, songs that oosed personality and emotion without trying.
This CD was my first Sinatra recording and is a perfect introduction for anyone who's maybe heard the likes of 'New York, New York' or 'Moon River' and would like some more. From the swinging 'Bad, Bad Leroy Brown' to the ballad 'The Girl from Impanema' it's the perfect chillout CD.
Do you like the Stereophonics? Ever wondered who Mack the Knife was on 'More Life in a Tramps Vest' (Track 3- Word Gets Around)? Yup, even the phonics have been influenced by Sinatra (Track 22- My Way)!

5.0 out of 5 stars The man is an icon!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Okay- he had a dubious reputation- but this man could sing- all the classics, great for the car, I couldn't help but joining in!- perfect for car-ee-oki! (sorry!)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the greats!, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
All the greats! Nothing else to say really, fantastic, it's on in our car all the time! Still the best!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Well worth a buy even if you don't listen to it all the time. Great old time favourites throughout the whole album.

5.0 out of 5 stars King of cool, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Brilliant collection of Sinatra songs, 24 in all, that showcases the voice of 20th Century cool. From the obvious songs such as "My Way, Something' Stupid, Moon River, My Kind of Town, Fly Me To The Moon, That's Life, Mack The Knife, The Girl From Ipanema..." take your pick, to the gems that I personally never heard before like the gorgeous "Love's Been Good To Me", this is virtually a play-all-tracks CD.

If you have just one CD from The Chairman of the Board in your collection, this is the one to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
This review is from: My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra (Audio CD)
Bought this for a friend he loved it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra
My Way: The Best of Frank Sinatra by Frank Sinatra (Audio CD - 1997)