Format: Audio CDChange

the misfits were thought to be dead and buried when danzig left and they lay dorment for a few years and then hell ripped open and the misfits returned with michael graves as lead singer,and the finest horror punk rock group was back.

not much has changed despite member changes,at times the album has a heavier feel to it,as it is 1997 and rock has changed alot since the 80s,the album opens with an instrumental and then we have american psycho which is standard misfits as we have all the oh and ahs and background singing that makes us love the misfits,the chorus' are as strong as ever as in walk upon us which can send a shiver down your spine,there isnt a bad song on here and the heaviness that i mentioned is most notable on the songs shining and hate the living love the dead,its an infectious album that wont fail to please and i bet that danzig has never released a solo album as good as this,the misfits are alive and well,masterpiece !
on 6 July 2004
American Psycho-The long awaited return of goth Legends the Misfits. As a huge fan of the original Misfits(1977-1983) I did not have much hope of this album living up to the standard of their earlier releases. The Misfits had returned with a much heavier sound, a new singer(Michael Graves) and a new drummer(Dr. Chud).
Having loved all the original 4 albums, I decided to give American Psycho a listen, and this by no means whatsoever was this a mistake.This was the greatest 17 songs i had ever had the pleasure of listening to! This album was nothing short of a rare find! How often do you find an album where the new singer sounds as amazing as the original, the whole band work together as if they had been doing so all their life and every single song is absolutley amazing from the horrific start to the frightening end!
All the songs on this album are beyond extrordinary, but the tracks that really ressurected my soul were 'Dig up her bones', 'Ressurection', 'This Island Earth', 'Day of the Dead', 'Haunting','Hate the living, Love the Dead', 'Shining' and 'Dont open til Doomsday'. American Psycho has to be the greatest album I have ever been honoured to listen to. It is a work of art; a masterpiece, a landmark in Rock History! If you are a big fan of the original misfits then do not be afraid to give this a listen! If I hadn't taken that chance I would have missed out on the greatest comeback status a band has ever been fortunate enough to achieve! The Misfits are back from their cold, damp graves and theyre rockin more so now than they have ever done before! This is American Psycho my fellow Fiends, & dont you forget it!
on 6 October 2010
This was the second album I heard from the Michale Graves era of the misfits, and once again I loved it, the best tracks are american psycho and speak of the devil. This album is considerably heavier than both the danzig era and famous monsters, in fact the verses on the title sound like something off earth ad. The guitars sound heavier, and graves' vocals sound great and melodical, worth the money, its not as good as danzigs stuff, but it's still very good
on 21 August 2011
All I'm saying is a misfits fan should love this album, Everyone goes on about how Danzig was the best singer for the Misfits, yeah he was good but I think Michale Graves songs are more organised and sound fresher with better lyrics, strongly recommend this album to any rock fan, I dont really like punk but this album is awesome.
on 15 April 2015
Michael Graves' first album with the misfits is fantastic! I would recommend this CD to any fans of metal/rock. Well recorded music and beautiful, haunting vocals will make this a piece of rock history. Definitely in my top ten favourite albums!
on 12 August 2015
Signed by Jerry Only
review image
on 3 April 2015
Just excellent. Sound of tracks is perfect. Best buy
on 13 February 2015
Brilliant album, arrived just as described
on 19 February 2015