Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 March 2006
I dug this out the other day as Skin has a new album out and I thought I'd listen to some Old Skunk Anansie. It holds up very well I think. It's hard to choose between the 3 albums as they all have strong points, but this is maybe my favourite by a whisker. I was reading a book written in America with album reviews in it and it compares the first SA album favourably with Rage Against The Machine's first album. I think I agree, though lots of music fans seem to give SA a hard time and wouldn't put them in such 'exalted' status as Rage. They seem very underrated as a band even though they had the sense/courage to stop when they were on top rather than dragging it out for years. Lemmy of Motorhead always speaks very highly of SA and put Post Orgasmic Chill in his top 20 British Rock albums list in a recent edition of 'classic rock' magazine. The british rock scene at the moment is badly in need of a Skin/SA style voice to make some political comment. Listening to this album highlights what we are missing at the moment.
on 4 January 2000
Despite the success of Skunk Anansie's newest album - Post Orgasmic Chill - I have to say that this album still remains my absolute favourite. Some of the mellower songs are absolutely beautiful and "Twisted", "Hedonism" and "Infidelity" get me shouting my lungs out. The lyrics are to die for! If you only buy one Skunk Anansie album buy this one!! ...
on 21 June 2007
I had never heard of Skunk Anansie when i was offered a spare ticket to see them at the Manchester Apollo , the strength and power of that performance just blew me away , and i haven't looked back since . I have all three albums . I prefer the first two as they are still to this day full of class rock songs ,well worth the purchase .
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 18 December 2014
I recently rediscovered this album having completely forgotten Skunk Anansie. Coming back to after 15 years reminded just how good they were. There is no filler on this album, every track stands on its own. The band is amazingly tight with hard hitting precision and matching sharp and occasionally harsh lyrics. It was stood the test of time remarkably well and doesn't fall into the genre of any specific decade. Well worth coming back to, over and over again
on 20 January 2013
arrived as stated and early in good packaging.
Good quality looks good and will consider vendor again
Customer is happy
on 2 January 2000
This album is complete. No track sounds out of place here. It is music that you can immerse yourself in and get completely carried away Even if you do not like rock youll still love this. A top quality album!
on 4 July 2013
Had this album years ago but got lost ,so brought new one recently, its great to sing along to.
Deffo an album to have in your collection, even if its just for the days you want to have good shout/sing x
on 8 January 2001
This is an amazing album, with tracks like all i want, hedonism, infidelity, brazen and pickin on me stealing the show and making this an essential album for anyone's collection. Trust me, any doubts u might have will dissolve the moment skin's heavenly voice rocks ur sound waves. buy it!!!!!!!!!
on 29 December 2013
I love this album. I love the band and have done for years. Great rock songs. One of my all time faves. Skin never fails to deliver with her amazing voice and lyrics.
on 24 March 2016
Fantastic album, I love the mix of hard rock, and electro. There are some signs of the time period within this record, but the songs are timeless.