Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 March 2002
Even amongst albums that I own by the likes of Tool, RATM, Radiohead and other inspired bands this would go in my top 5 albums of all time! If I lost my copy or something terrible like that, I would be perfectly happy paying £100 for this piece of art. They have a sound like no other band and rock very hard. Most songs are very funky and the amazing riffs along with Jon Spencer's bizarre singing never fail to make me high. This will add variety and colour to your CD collection and make you look at music in a different way. This album get's me excited as though I was listening to something heavy like System of a Down or Fantomas, yet it is not particularly heavy- this is simply down to the amazing band that are Judah Bauer, Russel Simins and Jon Spencer.
on 6 October 1999
The man sounds like a blues man who shines funk and is trappedin the ways of Elvis. There are many collaborations on this album influences come from 'R.L Burnside, Beastie Boys and Rufus Thomas' to name some of them.
A lot of the songs mix psychedelic moods with a funky bass line and an Elvis style vocal. Songs that stand out are 'Chicken Dog, R.L. Got Soul and Rocket Ship' these are some interesting combinations that Jon Spencer has put together and you will either love it or hate it.
on 27 June 2012
This is def my fav blues explosion album.tracks straddle punk,disco,funk,soul it breezes along.if you love this get down with the uk band the dynamite pussy club.great stuff.
on 5 July 2010
Orange, from 1994, had been The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion's biggest seller. What they followed it up with two years later, though, almost guaranteed a commercial backslide. It still had the distorted funk of the previous album, but they'd turned up the chaos.

The extra tracks on this reissue make a kind of alternate Now I Got Worry. The more sedate grooves represent the direction that market forces would've expected after Orange. They're made up of B-sides and other songs from the Worry sessions, together with four hilarious radio adverts for the album ("let the Blues Explosion give you two kinds of love").

Money Mark had turned up here and there on Now I Got Worry as a kind of Nicky Hopkins to the Blues Explosion's Rolling Stones, especially on "Can't Stop". He's on half of the extra songs, though, and his contribution to the alternate vision of Now I Got Worry is in line with his previous work. He'd already worked with The Dust Brothers as well as the Beastie Boys, and he'd released his own album, the easy listening lo-fi funk Money's Keyboard Repair.

The liner notes describe how the Blues Explosion became close to the keyboardist when they supported a Beastie Boys arena tour, and another collaborator in fact is Beastie Boy Adam Horovitz, who scratches cool samples over "Cool Vee". The previously unreleased "Roosevelt Hotel Blues", meanwhile, features both Money Mark and Beck on keyboards. It all helps make a seriously great bonus album. Now I Got Worry proper is the best, though. It's like the radio advert says, "shake it baby, shake it mama, shake it, shake it."

"But baby don't break it."
on 12 November 2008
The Blues Explosion are one of my favourite bands and in my opinion almost offensively underrated, this album manages to encompass their bad-assery from all of their work whilst making collaborations with delta blues ledgend R. L. Burnside, displaying their versitillaty as a band and showing their appreciation and respect for the music in which they root from. Brilliantly produced and crafted with such flare and innovation thats peppered with attitude and rawness that I think every human misses from music today. This is a brilliant album.
on 9 July 2004
I wrote the review below, and I would like to write this one as I'm now embarrassed by it's over-enthusiasm which shows a lack of musical experience. This album will not change the way you look at music, unless you are just getting into music (like I was, when I bought this album over 4 years ago). It doesn't particularly do anything new or innovative, although there is a fairly unique Hip Hop song which employs Blues-sounding instruments (track 4 - **** **** Up). Although not innovative music, this is album is still definitely worth buying as, they do have a distinctive sound (Often Hip Hop beats providing rhythm for Punk/Noise/Rock'n'Roll riffage, with bizarre nonsensical wailing that is sometimes amusing) and the songs certaintly do rock.
on 18 November 2015
Grimy blues. Possibly their best.
on 2 March 2010
Once upon a time in an alternative universe Elvis Presley strolled out one morning with his 16 bore shotgun. He'd had enough. He'd had enough of being an Uncle Tom for Colonel Tom Parker. Well, it sure wasn't Charley. No more fake plastic singalongasingsongs for clapped out old fogeys no more! He spied the soul-destroyer in his sights...

BANG!

As Uncle Tom Parker's severed head rolled down the highway he felt relaxed. The funky new riffs hurtled through his spanky new mind. He hit green button go, and grabbed a shiny new band. THE KING was back. Back the way it should have been, right from the start. This album is the CAKE of Rock'n Roll. Other bands are the ICING. This album is the CAKE. BUY THE CAKE.

PS: I've only heard the first four tracks! Millions of times. They're worth it alone. I'm writing, too scared now to listen to track 5. I know if I listen to it I'll die from the excitations. They will have to prose my dead hands from the jukebox. My blue lips sealed in an eternal kiss...