5.0 out of 5 stars head-bangily, toe-tappingly, hand-clappingly good!
well what can I say, this album is certainly catchy. At first when I got the album I never listened to it properly and just skipped from one track to the next, as you usually do when you get a new album... eager to hear a bit of each tracks, or to get to the most popular, as with this album it was "Don't Speak" ... which I don't think is the best, but its certainly...
Published on 10 Jan 2004 by A. Yates

3.0 out of 5 stars its okay
couple of good songs but not all ok if the price is cheap enough or you are a fan thanks
Published 22 months ago by Mr. M. Himgston

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Kingdom, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
this is a top class album-it takes no doubt away from their ska roots(thankfully in my opinion and towards a rockier sound).Its hard to pinpoint a weak track on this cd-dont speak is the most obvious highlight but tracks like "are you happy now" written to her brother after he left the band to pursue a career in animation and "world go round","the climb","sunday morning","different people" and the title track are particularly good.The weakest track for me is sixteen,its a little bit rock-out by numbers but it does have a fantastic spoken clip in the middle about the children of today which is very clever."you can do it" took me several listen to like-its heavy on saxophone and more jazzy than the others but once it got into my head it wouldnt leave.I could name every other track on the album and say how much I love it but I wont....buy this album if you like dont speak,or any of their other albums.its pure class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 12 Sep 2000
Mr. S. D. Haggan (Belfast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
From the catchy and chirpy Spiderwebs at the beginning through the epic Sunday Morning and the outstanding Don't Speak this album is simply pure class.
It has everything and Gwen Stefani is surely one of the hottest women in music, this album is also better than the recent Return of Saturn because every song is, in my humble opinion, wonderful

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a FAB album- a must have!, 6 Mar 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing 'Don't speak' and 'Just a girl' and have to say that it is one of the few albums that I own on which there is no one song that I don't love. The lyrics are brilliant and all the tracks are completely different. I can't wait for their new album to be released over here!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom [VINYL] (Vinyl)
i love No Doubt and this album is a great vinyl for me. thanks Gween. i love you so much

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a great album, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
Some powerful songs in this album like 'Spiderwebs', 'Just a Girl', 'Different People', 'Sunday Morning' and 'Don't Speak' (Obviously).Only criticism would be that the songs are very unique to one another, meaning it comes across as a collection of songs rather than an album. However nobody can deny the quality of the music on the album, and I'm not surprised it has Diamond status in the US, it deserves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is exhaustingly long, but every song is a classic!, 23 Mar 2013
Michael Smith ""SAY HELLO TO GOOD TIMES"" (Norfolk, UK, in a little village named Crimplesham...) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
Who didn't grow up with Don't Speak playing somewhere in the background? And how was I supposed to know it wasn't even the best song on the album?

True, it is one of the best ballads is existence, but Tragic Kingdom isn't one of the biggest selling albums of the nineties due to Don't Speak alone.

No, it is also massively popular because of songs like Spiderwebs, Happy Now?, The Climb, Sunday Morning, World Go 'Round (my favourite by the way...excellent groove on this travk) and the crazy crazy title track!

Gwen Stefani is one of the quirkiest, and most entertaining singers of all time. Even her rather patchy solo career couldn't fail to be successful with a star talent like hers! Listen to every track on this album, and find me one moment where she is underwhelming. Because there isn't one. She is like a clone of Stevie Nicks and Madonna, without the drug addictions or unnecessarily pointless provocative imagery of those two.

And the pop! The rock! The ska moments! This album is every bit as wonderful and moving as Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. Both these albums have that same quality...I don't know...a certain x factor (no, not that one). I just love it! They sound nothing alike, but they share the same spirit.

I now own every No Doubt album. The first two are brilliant. I loveethe self titled debut almost as much as Tragic Kingdom. I will reserve myself from commenting on Return of Saturn and Rock Steady. RoS is still growing on me and RS hasn't wowed me as a complete work of art, although as a collection of individual songs it lacks any weak points.

The new album Push and Shove is yet another new sound for the band, and why it has flopped boggles my mind. It is miles better than both L.A.M.B. and The Sweet Escape, and another classic No Doubt album!

But for me, Tragic Kingdom is a sterling effort. An all time classic, a wonderful, exuberant collection of perfectly produced pop-rock. Is it their best album? I will leave that to you to decide for yourself. But for me, this is up there with Third Eye Blind's debut album and The Gathering's Mandylion as one of the finest albums to emerge during the nineties decade.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden of Eden, 28 Nov 2003
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
You may not be aware of this but No dought were once upon a time actually quite good and a very repectiable pop band. This is prehaps the best pop album released in the late-1990's. Its pop ska bass and drums work perfectly with the sexy, naughty good girl voice of Gwen. This is a perfect album for the girls but a guy can still listen to it and still hold some creedability with their mates. A very good pop album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Oct 2014
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Great album. First one didn't arrive so another was quickly despatched. many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite album EVER!, 14 Aug 2002
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
Well what can i say, this is by far my favourite album ever! i've had it for quite a few years now and it still ends up in my cd player at least once a week. There's so many stand out tracks, Spiderwebs with its reggae feel, Excuse me mr, Sixteen, End it on this (my favourite track) and the hits 'Don't speak' and 'Just a girl'. The balance of rock and ska goes perfect together,Gwen's voice is outstanding and the album gets better and better the more you listen to it! If you don't already own Tragic Kingdom, buy it now, you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars POSSIBLY THE BEST ALBUM YOU'LL EVER BUY, 26 Jan 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Tragic Kingdom (Audio CD)
I initially wanted this album because I'd heard a few of the tracks from it and loved them. I can honestly say that it surpassed all my expectations. From the opening catchy "Spiderwebs" to the unusual title track "Tragic Kingdom" this is the best purchase I've made!
Buy it NOW!

Tragic Kingdom
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt (Audio CD - 2001)