Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£16.42+ £1.26 shipping

on 10 September 2013
I recently bought 'Mellow, mellow' which is a compilation of 'original smooth grooves & chilled beats' and on it were 2 tracks I used to love years ago: 'The sweetest pain' by Dexter Wansel & Jean Carne and 'I'm back for more by Al Johnson & Jean Carne. Both of these tracks are particularly excellent and it got me wondering why I had not explore Jean's music a bit more. She has the most exquisite voice and it warrants a better listening to.

Hence, I bought this album and was not disappointed. There are 10 tracks. The 1st 8 are very good soul tracks both fast and slow. Then the surprise: It ends with 2 classic songs from a bit further back. 'Misty' and 'Someone to watch over me'. I suppose these are more in a jazz genre but they just go to prove what a versatile voice she has and how she can turn it to anything and make it sound good.

Once I have enjoyed this a bit more, I intend to buy all her albums one by one, starting with the 1st one.