on 4 February 2002
After the first three albums at which he spent most of the time scampering about between a mountain of synths, it was so nice to discover this album in 1990. Much of the themes are very adult based, but the accesibility and melodies are still there. From the pure pop of Everlasting Love, through the surprisingly rocky sound of The Prisoner, to the fey pizzicato strings of Fresh Air Waltz, this is an album of pleasant surprises. And to discover just how good a keyboard player our Howie is, clock his work on Out of Thin Air. Dave Brubeck, eat your heart out.
on 2 September 2008
When I got this on release in early 89. I thought the sleeve for a start was well put together...but more on the music.
After One to One, I was going onto Depeche Mode and Thomas Dolby for my dose of electro.
I had an impression of this album from it's first single Everlasting Love which was a big hit back then. The single called The Prisoner followed (fit bird in promo video I remember...phwoarr) which didn't do aswell.
The album was more strings and gentle piano with some electronics. Still, it's a nice album which I did enjoy, but it's almost forgotten. Quite sad really.