Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£99.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 June 2012
Bought this for my partner who has loads of earlier Elvis CDs but not many of the later ones. We are really pleased with it, both the design of the box and the variety of songs. Would like to point out, however, that when it was played on the computer, all the album details, title, and list of songs, came up in Japanese! We can't find a way to change this so are having to delete details on all 5 discs and re enter in English! Very time consuming!
on 13 October 2011
Five stars for the music. Minus one for the packaging.

Never have I had so much trouble getting a CD out of it's case. They are using a sort of spring-loaded method that I haven't seen before where you have to push the CD's from the top-edge downwards to free them. For me this was not intuitive and more importantly several of the CD's look like they are being bent by this mechanism though all play fine at the moment.
on 9 April 2012
Fabulous 5 disc set. the disc storage could have been thought out a little better but still excellent value and quality discs
on 16 February 2012
Bought for my husband for valentines day as he was after Elvis hits of the 70s
After subjecting us lesser Elvis fans to it on a 3.5 journey home , I have to admit we were all hooked on some of the more lively tracks - with "Polk Salad Annie " being my girls favourite !
Got it for a good price - he loved it - perfect gift for Elvis fans
on 31 May 2014
It was good to hear these tracks and the unmistakable voice of Elvis. It was like hearing some of the tracks for the very first time yet I am familiar with many of them from when they were originally released. There are some nice surprises in some of the alternative takes like a more up tempo She thinks that I still care. A beautiful song when released in the 70's, this version sounds ahead of its time. The Gospel songs fit well with the country songs and the rock, merging into the unmistakable sound and style that was Elvis Presley. Elvis received some bad press in the 70's which is being counter balanced today by the arguments that he was the victim of genetics and illness. Personally I don't believe we should be judgmental about life style but to concentrate on the music which this CD collection is all about. My only complaint is about the way this set is packaged. I'm sure that the "sleeve notes" have something good to say but on some pages I find them unreadable. Sometimes its due to the text being printed onto pictures and sometimes the text is too close to the fold on the page. Ah-well. It is the music after all that is important and in this aspect it does not disappoint.
on 1 May 2015
Anyone Who Has Read My Other Reviews On My Elvis Purchases ( SHOWROOM INTERNATIONALE & THAT"S THE WAY IT IS - 4 L.P 180 GRAM VINYL) . Will Know How Much That I Love This Period Of Elvis, I Had Purchased This Set On It"s First Release Way Back In 1995 Which Was Released In A L.P Sized Box Set Continuing From The Other Two Box Sets " 50"S & 60"S Releases That Were Introduced In 1992 & 1993.
And I Still Have Them But Even Though They Are Still In Very Good Condition , I Thought That I Would Buy Them Again With These New Slimline Remastered Sets, I Am So Glad That I Have, As The Sound Has Really Improved On This Excellent 5 C.D. Set,
Much More Smooth Than The Original Release And Brings Out Elvis Voice So Strongly And Clearer It"s Brilliant,
The First Two Discs In This Set Are The Singles That Were Released Throughout That Period Of Course, Disc Three Has Various Versions From His Studio Albums , Begining With TWENTY DAY"S AND TWENTY NIGHTS ; From The Fantastic That"s The Way It Is Album, Then We Have Tracks From Other Albums Released In That Time, Including , ELVIS COUNTRY, LOVE LETTERS , HE TOUCHED ME , ELVIS NOW.
All Great Albums In Their Own Right, Disc four , Follows On From Disc.3 , With Albums , FOOL, GOOD TIMES, PROMISED LAND , The BOULEVARD album , All Fantastic, BUT Disc Five Is An Excellent Live Show Performance And Elvis Becomes ELECTRIC , POWERFUL , ENERGETIC BEST, Elvis Was So Much The People"s Greatest Ever Live Performer That No Other Artist Could Ever Compete With , ( I Include SINATRA AND STREISAND Among Them) Elvis Concerts Sold Out Within Hours From When Tickets Went On Sale Throughout The 1970"s , Yes Even Through His Latter Years, Elvis Was The Very First Performer To Completely Fill MADISON SQUARE GARDEN To It"s Capacity In 1972....And It Is Easy To See Why , When You Listen To Disc.5 In This Box Set, Elvis Was In Totally Command And Had His Audience In The Palm Of His Hand, They Were Having Fun , Crying And Even Wetting Themselves With Pure And Utter Excitement , Our Man Was , Funny, Naughty , Playful And Teasing With His Innuendo"s All Done With A Cheeky Knowing Grin,
The Total Power In His Vocals Were Mind Blowing With Songs Such As The Hugely Popular POLK SALAD ANNIE , Fans Favorite SUSPICIOUS MINDS, The Fantastic YOU"VE LOST THAT LOVING FEELING.....This Was Elvis At His Best With These Concerts And I Urge You To Buy This Brilliant Set Right Now And Experience The 1970"s With The One And Only ELVIS PRESLEY.
on 13 February 2012
Great songs lots of favourites. Well worth purchasing. I loved it and would say buy it you will enjoy it.
on 25 April 2011
I BOUGHT THE 60S MASTERS,THROUGHLY RECOMMENDED TO,AFTER NOT PURCHASING FIRST TIME AROUND THE SAME WITH THIS 5 DISC MASTERPIECE.REMASTERED,REPACKAGED A COLLECTION OF 70S RECORDINGS 2 DISCS OF SINGLES A&B SIDES,2 DISCS OF STUDIO HIGHLIGHTS & I DISC OF A COMPILATION OF LIVE RECORDINGS + A FEW REHEARSALS + A FEW UNEDITED TRACKS A STEAL AT DOUBLE THE PRICE + ITS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET A GOOD RECORDING OF "SOFTLY AS I LEAVE YOU". BUY-BUY-BUY...........NOW BRING ON THE 50S ESSENTIALS PLEASE.
on 19 December 2003
You won't find another compilation remotely matching the quality and variety you get with this one. Do not hesitate one second, buy it !!
on 23 August 2014
Great cd boxset quality is great the only problem for me is the taking cds out took me half a hour to workout without breaking a cd once I worked it out and I was swapping cds the box was slightly scratching the cds so i changed the box which I didn't want to do but other than that music is ace I'm New to elvis I never thought id ever like him but I do and this is the cd u want what a legend