5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best....
Published on 27 May 2011 by A. Gaskell

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really the best of Danny Wilson
As another reviewer said, this really does not reflect the best of the short lived trio.
Although the two top 20 hits are represented (Mary's Prayer and Second Summer Of Love) there is too much from the decline in output that followed the Meet Danny Wilson debut.
Published on 3 Oct 2004 by Widnes Bob

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really the best of Danny Wilson, 3 Oct 2004
This review is from: The Best of Danny Wilson (Audio CD)
I'd go even further and state that there are better tracks from BeBop Mop Top (the 2nd Danny Wilson album) that should have been here.
I'm sure there will be a better collection one day (hopefully covering the Gary Clark solo album and the King L follow up), or track down the Sweet Danny Wilson compilation which was a far superior compilation album (there is a rare double CD version).

3.0 out of 5 stars A Best of Album spoilt by Later work, 15 July 2001
This review is from: The Best of Danny Wilson (Audio CD)
Very few people will remember Danny Wilson outside their major hit "Mary's Prayer",and maybe this best of compilation would still fail to unearth any other famous tracks. However, it is fair to say that this best of collection may not be the "best" to anyone who knows the music of Danny Wilson. In fact the studio album "Meet Danny Wilson" is far better in terms of the content and does not contain some of the later tedious work that culminated in their demise. "Davy" and "Mary's Prayer" are real gems in the collection but others really let the collection down. "Davy" and "Mary's Prayer" can be found on the early studion album, which pound for pound is a much sounder buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars The best, 25 Oct 2009
The MK Lightning (Pembrokeshire, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Danny Wilson (Audio CD)
It was cheap. It has Mary's prayer on it. That was enough for me, but for you?

3.0 out of 5 stars WELL WORTH A PUNT., 30 April 2009
W. mccarry "FOXBARMAC" (PAISLEY SCOTLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best of Danny Wilson (Audio CD)
A FAIRLY GOOD COMPILATION. THE SUPERB 'MARYS PRAYER' IS THE STAND OUT TRACK. 'A GIRL I USED TO KNOW' IS ALSO A BELTER. AND TO TOP IT OFF 'THE SECOND SUMMER OF LOVE' JUST MAKES ME SO HAPPY. WORTH A PUNT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best...., 27 May 2011
A. Gaskell "G'Man" (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm gonna stick my head up here - maybe for it to be blown off looking at some of the previous reviews of this CD but I must admit that this is one of my most treasured CD's I own. Yes, I have the tape version of "Meet Danny Wilson" which is a masterpiece but this CD contains most of my favourite Danny Wilson tracks.... "Davy", "Mary's Prayer" (I remember them singing this at Alton Towers on some music programme way back then - yeah, showing my age a bit now!), "A Girl I Used To Know", "Second Summer of Love", "Never Gonna Be The Same" and "Broken China (Live)" I loved their music, along with the music of Gary Clark. Wish I was back there in the days when music was actually quite special and lyrics actually meant something. Thank you DW for the music :)

The Best of Danny Wilson
The Best of Danny Wilson by Danny Wilson (Audio CD - 1995)