5.0 out of 5 stars reminds me of a warm summers evening.
Published on 15 Feb. 2001

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly disappointing
Published on 4 Jan. 2010 by Mr. Tim Balderstone

5.0 out of 5 stars reminds me of a warm summers evening., 15 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Let Your Dim Light Shine (Audio CD)
sad yet stangely uplifting.. this was the soundtrack of (my) summer of '96, with beautiful melodies and lyrics you just wanna know off by heart. and you will, just like i did - cos you'll listen to it over and over and you'll love every minute of it (just like i did, and still do). it plays like a story, it's to be consumed as an entirity, a journey with a beginning, middle and end.

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly disappointing, 4 Jan. 2010
Mr. Tim Balderstone "Tim Balderstone" (Staffordshire, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let Your Dim Light Shine (Audio CD)
Loathed as I am to be over critical of any artists work this is the finest example I have yet to witness of the ridiculously positive, even sycophantical aspect to some of the album reviews that sometimes appear on Amazon. I revisited this CD today and played it for what turned out to be the very last time from start to finish to see if I had been unfair to so swiftly dismiss it when it when first purchased in 1995.
Unlike the previous reviewer I could not get on with the contents. I found the work mundane, painful to listen to; cringeworthy in places.
Bearing in mind our time on this planet is limited I can think of a million better CD's to spend my time listening to than this.
We all have our guilty pleasures and although I fully respect the affinity any other reviewer using Amazon may have to this or any other album I felt compelled to offer some perspective to the gob-smacking 5* review published.
And in case you feel I am being a little unfair just take a look at how many used copies there are for sale for next to nothing; if you want to sample this album you will only need to meet the cost of the postage plus a few pence. 5 stars it most certainly ain't.

Let Your Dim Light Shine
Let Your Dim Light Shine by Soul Asylum (Audio CD - 1998)