Only Everything
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£10.98+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 13 March 2004
I have been listening to this CD (origanaly cassette!) consistantly for nine years now and have never tired of it.
Following on from 1993's "Become what you are" popularity peak, this CD should have broken Juliana into platinum territory.However it soon was proven that would not be the case, with both juliana and this CD fading from public view soon after.On release it received a lukewarm reception, which is a shame since this is her most consistant CD to date. For starters the sound is huge, with guitars and drums (by A Perfect Circle's Josh Freese on song tracks) way up to the fore. Then of course theres Julianas vocals, as sweet as they have ever sounded. Unlike earlier JH cd's, this set is not at all helmed in by a rigid "sound". Several tempos styles and moods are explored over the 14 tracks, whilst keeping a unified flow. Great use is made of the varied keyboard touches throughout, Clavinet, organ , piano even Wurlitzer and Mellotron are utilized to great effect. There are so many stand out tracks, "What a life", "Outside", "Live on tomorrow"...And "Bottles and flowers" is the best hit Smashing Pumpkins never had! As i said this CD sold very little, and its follow up "God's Foot" remains unreleased to this day. However Juliana is still recording independently and still producing great music. Apparently this overlooked gem is no longer in print. I recomend it to anyone to seek it out second hand (like right here!), you might be pleasently suprised!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 5 October 2014
I bought this album before I owned a cd player, because I loved the first single so much.
I still think this is her best album, its pretty raw and experimental for a studio album and has some amazing tracks especially 'simplicity is beautiful'
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again