5.0 out of 5 stars Imperial Elvis, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Imperial Bedroom (Audio CD)
I have a quite a few Elvis Costello albums & for me this one is the Best. IMO there's not a duff track to be found.
Having just bought this on CD ,I compared it to my vinyl copy & found the vinyl far better which say to me this needs
To be remastered . Produced by Geoff Emerick ( the Beatles engineer ) the Atractions never sounded so good.
This is the only Elvis album I don't skip tracks on ,which makes it hard to pick stand out songs ,but for me
You little Fool, with its subtle use of phasing should be included on every Best of collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece? No question., 22 Jan. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Imperial Bedroom (Audio CD)
How anyone can compare the sublime genius of this album with the minor return to form of 'Painted From Memory' is beyond belief. For once even the bonus tracks are worth listening to again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful. A Heart breaking album, for the heartbroken, 3 Feb. 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Imperial Bedroom (Audio CD)
Words are Costello's Business so I will keep this Review Short and simple. If lovingly textured, beautiful melodies coupled with complex tortured lyrics are you're thing then Imperial Bedroom should be the next thing you buy. Never has Costello sounded better. Masterpiece? I regard that as an understatement.

Imperial Bedroom
Imperial Bedroom by The Attractions (Audio CD - 2006)