Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 November 1999
Who says that this isn't one of the best Modern-ish Jazz Cd's on the market? Whoever it is, you've got a worst enemy. This is just an absolute must for any Jazz CD collector!!!!!!!!
Just treat yourself & get yourself a copy now, 'cos this is the best you can get. So there, 'cos I've got a copy of this cool brill fab CD. Get on those sunglasses this minute!
on 15 March 2013
Four truly funky jazz grooves on one classic Herbie Hancock album. If you have only heard the more commercial version of "Watermelon Man" the album version will be a revelation. If you like funk jazz then this is a must have. If you don't, buy this and be converted.
on 9 May 2016
I'm a bit young for this kind of stuff and only really got into buying my own records in 1977. Anway, I grew up, and saw it in more sophisticated Houses than mine. Anyway, I like the blissed out, laid-back grooves. Very Relaxing.
on 5 May 2014
Years ago I played a cover of Chameleon in band after the drummer gave me a music score with the main riff on it. I never actually heard the original, so about 18 years later I bought the album. It is good - a classic.
on 18 January 2008
If you are not much into jazz, art, inovation, genius or music
AVOID this album.
Saw this album reviewed in a mag, bought it! BIG BIG mistake

I am now a smooth jazz Funk junky, I know nothing of jazz, smooth sounds but lovein it.
It will change your take on music. So if your safe in your bubble stay there, if you want to start a musical journey, start here.
on 23 January 2014
Arrived quickly in excellent condition thanks. Replaces old vinyl LP nicely. I love it but wife hates jazz so I have to listen alone.
on 15 April 2014
Was everything I was wanting. Just gotten myself into Herbie Hancock and this album is a perfect start. Loving listening to it.
on 8 October 2014
Fantastic classic album. A must even if not just for Watermelon Man.. Mason is as good as ever. Everything else has been said.
on 31 January 2016
Yes just as I remembered this on LP way back .Excellent tracks try this.
on 26 July 2000
You don't have to be a jazz fan to love this album - just someone who wants some funky sunlight in their lives, and who wouldn't mind finding some of the roots of hip-hop too. Layers of funk stack up, then switch direction and back again. Worth buying just for the first two tracks (chameleon is 15 mins long!). Mmmmm.... NICE!