5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful CD, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I am a Led Zep fan. However, I have found some of Plant and Page's solo material a bit disappointing. I read the reviews on this, which were all good and took a chance. I think it is a brilliant album. It normally takes me two or three plays through the material before I take to it. I realised on first play this was an absolute masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best Robert Plant, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (MP3 Download)
One of the best albums I own. You will not be dissapointed in buying this.

I have most of the Robert Plant offerings and I believe that this to be, by a large margin, the best of the lot.
Good mix of heavy riffs and great singing. Be careful if you have this playing in your car,
you'll find yourself going for the volume-up button (especially with 29 Palms).

5.0 out of 5 stars The timeless master piece that is Fate of nations, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Every now and then a piece of music comes along and becomes part of your life, something you return to for comfort and enjoyment,an album without a duff track that you can listern to without skipping "the boring bits", something you can escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and really relax,chillout and get into. Fate of Nations is just that. Originally had a copy back in the early 90s, lost it, never got round to replacing it and having recently re-discovered it, suddenly remembered how good it really is. Just like meeting up with an old friend.
Plant and his many musical journeys are well known and documented, but this album is the classic 'gem'. Timeless in the sense you couldnt put an age to it.Can hardly believe its been 17 years since first released(93)and it will sound just as fresh in another 17 years.For me its the ideal album to put on in the car when going for a long drive on a summers evening, or putting my feet up and chilling out to at home. It may sound corny declaring 'Fate of Nations'as a masterpiece, but it is. After creating this album it makes you wonder why dear old 'Percy' didnt just call it a day and rest on his well deserved laurals,many an other artist would have done because it isnt going to get any better than this, but Robert Plant (thank goodness) has gone on to create other musical endevors, but this surely has to be his finest.Enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars What happened next?, 27 Jan 2010
K. A. Kitson (Guiseley, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I remember a competition run by Q magazine asking for reader's reviews of their favourite works. To my eternal regret, I never tried to tell the wide world about this staggering peice of work. I cannot be inside Robert's head , nor understand his expectations as to how this breathtaking achievement might be received . I do know that afterward. he soon re- united with Mr Page and goodness knows , there were good things out of that. Perhaps he thought there was nowhere else to go; I wouldn't blame him. The susbsequent solo stuff is good, no, in the case of Mighty Rearranger, excellent. It just doesn't quite match up to the awe inspiring breadth of material available here. In every respect , conception, performance ; musically , lyrically, vocally , this is the essence of everything post ( dare I say it ) Zeppelin, distilled into a work that will , if there is any justice , be recognised long into the future. An hour of mysticism, melody , fury , passion and power that rewards every uninterrupted play. Enough said?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Dec 2009
Ms. Y. Cleugh "Music lover" (Carlisle) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I love this album - It proves that good artists will live on for many many decades to come :)The main reason I bought this was for the song 29 Palms & I believe...but the entire album is just brilliant and Robert Plant gives it his all :))

Thanks Amazon for processing my order so quickly - I received it the day after it was ordered in excellent condition and packaged securely.

NB - for anyone reading this stay away from CD-WOW..You will be lucky to ever get your order!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best CD ever made?, 14 Aug 2009
Eric May - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Superlative songs, musicianship, and high technical standards make this one of the outstanding releases of the 1990s. Almost 20 years on it never fails. One of the finest CDs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plant's finest, 9 April 2008
C. White (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Rediscovered this album a few weeks back and I can't recommend it too highly. It's one of Plant's best solo albums and a couple of the songs are up there with any Zeppelin classic, Calling to You, I Believe & 29 Palms in particular.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar 2001
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
This is by far the best Plant solo album, from the beginning to the end, this album is great. Pay attention to the songs "29 Palms" and "I Believe", true masterpieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I was/am a fan of L.Z. but for me Robert Plants solo music has at times exceeded the very high standards they often set. Fate of Nations is the prime case in point, it has everything, why it hasn't sold 20 million copies I don't know. There isn't a weak track, all the performances are stunning (with incredible guitar work), and the material is well chosen. Everyone enjoying the more recent output by Mr Plant should also give this a listen. Quite brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 23 Oct 2010
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Pure genius! a word that is perhaps over used but most definately applies to this magnificent album. I was absolutely blown away after listening the first time, and I still remain enchanted by it. The album encapsulates evrything that is great about plant. Every track is a winner and there is no filler here, it all fits well. Plant is such an inventive and dynamic artist, as well as a great songwriter, and this album represents in my opinion his best solo release to date, even though his present work with band of joy (mighty rearranger etc.) is very good too. His voice has so much range and power, and the songs are all superb. This album deserves unabridged listening to appreciate the array of different musical styles which planty explores. I'd say it is better than led zeppelin which is of course saying a lot! If I could select my favourites it would be come into my life, 29 palms, down to the sea, if I were a carpenter, and well just about all of them!

Fate Of Nations
Fate Of Nations by Robert Plant (Audio CD - 1997)