5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, One Of The Best Albums Ever Made!!!!
Published on 17 Mar. 2003 by jtbturnbull

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good album.
Published 3 months ago by George Buist

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, One Of The Best Albums Ever Made!!!!, 17 Mar. 2003
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
This album rates as one of the best of all time in my book. "I Believe", "29 Palms" and "Great Spirit" are classics. The rest of the album is no filler either. There isn't a bad song on this album. These are just a few highlights. From the opening guitar shuffle of "Calling To You" to the riff heavy "Network News", the album is awesome. True, I only bought it for "29 Palms" but was completely blown away by the rest of this gem of an album. The change in styles is also a plus. Not one style of song is repeated through this album, which encapsulates Plant's soaring vocals with an array of musical styles.

5.0 out of 5 stars The timeless master piece that is Fate of nations, 7 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Every now and then a piece of music comes along and becomes part of your life, something you return to for comfort and enjoyment,an album without a duff track that you can listern to without skipping "the boring bits", something you can escape the hustle and bustle of daily life and really relax,chillout and get into. Fate of Nations is just that. Originally had a copy back in the early 90s, lost it, never got round to replacing it and having recently re-discovered it, suddenly remembered how good it really is. Just like meeting up with an old friend.
Plant and his many musical journeys are well known and documented, but this album is the classic 'gem'. Timeless in the sense you couldnt put an age to it.Can hardly believe its been 17 years since first released(93)and it will sound just as fresh in another 17 years.For me its the ideal album to put on in the car when going for a long drive on a summers evening, or putting my feet up and chilling out to at home. It may sound corny declaring 'Fate of Nations'as a masterpiece, but it is. After creating this album it makes you wonder why dear old 'Percy' didnt just call it a day and rest on his well deserved laurals,many an other artist would have done because it isnt going to get any better than this, but Robert Plant (thank goodness) has gone on to create other musical endevors, but this surely has to be his finest.Enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic plant, 29 Oct. 2003
Peter Cottam (Cradley Heath, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
This is a superb album and a must buy for any Robert Plant fan,it demonstrates the range, power and subtelty of Robert Plants voice superbly added to which it is without a shadow of doubt his best solo album to date, The track Greatest Gift is one of my all Time favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flowering Plant in 1993 comes into full bloom, 2 Aug. 2013
The Guardian (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Robert Plant's 1993 album `Fate of Nations' was recorded prior to his return to collaboration with Jimmy Page in the mid-90s, and remains one of his best releases.

FoN has a full house of 12 star tracks with no duds and no hint of the mediocre, and should probably be better known. From the immediately accessible opener `Calling to You' Plant takes us on an excursion through differing musical styles which blend together seamlessly and are full of pleasant surprises. You can hear Robert's life-long admiration for middle-eastern music shining through in several places; the music has an Arabic feel. Production values are superb as are the performances from Plant's fellow musicians, especially the exemplary guitar work of Kevin Scott MacMichael.

This collection stands shoulder-to-shoulder with this singer's best-ever work (including the Zeppelin years); alongside the Page-Plant collaboration `No Quarter' (watch the DVD if you can get it) and the globally successful Alison Krauss collaboration and 2007 Grammy-winner `Raising Sand'. Check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never tire of this album, 2 Aug. 2005
Planet Girl (Bucks, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I have to agree with a pevious review. 'The Greatest Gift' is truely one of the most wonderful songs that I know too. It is, of course one track amongst a faultless collection of tracks but, this is the ultimate spine tingling ballard! Fate of Nations seems ageless. It still sounds fresh and new and it never looses that certain 'magic' sensation that you can get with a newly coverted CD!
It's easily in my top 10 out of a large collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best CD ever made?, 14 Aug. 2009
Eric May - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Superlative songs, musicianship, and high technical standards make this one of the outstanding releases of the 1990s. Almost 20 years on it never fails. One of the finest CDs ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful CD, 15 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
I am a Led Zep fan. However, I have found some of Plant and Page's solo material a bit disappointing. I read the reviews on this, which were all good and took a chance. I think it is a brilliant album. It normally takes me two or three plays through the material before I take to it. I realised on first play this was an absolute masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply.....a masterpiece!!!, 28 Jan. 2015
Michael Bermingham "mjbermingham" (Birr,County Offaly,Ireland.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
A few months back I bought Plant's album 'Lullaby and The Ceaseless Roar' and was quite simply blown away by the sheer class of that album.It prompted me to buy this album and I must say I have been blown away again!This is quite simply....brilliant.From the opening track 'Calling To You' I just knew I was onto something special here.This album is that rarity....not a dud track in site...each one magical.Even the cover version of 'If I Were A Carpenter' is way more than acceptable...its gorgeous.I love all tracks but special mention must be made of the hauntingly beautiful 'Colours Of A Shade' with its acoustic instrumentation so reminiscent of those on the classic Zep track 'The Battle Of Evermore'.The use of the Irish Uileann pipes in the background really gives this one a celtic feel.If your looking for big ballads 'The Greatest Gift' will surely fit the bill.An album which is that bit 'rockier' then 'Lullaby' with small hints of Zep in parts but definitely Plant shows he has moved on here.This is not a Zeppelin type album.I bought my first Zep album in '73(I know I am ancient!) and I have always loved them but Plant has created his own musical identity and for me this album shows that he has much to offer still.I would put this at least on a par with 'Lullaby And The Ceaseless Roar' and the more I listen to it I am beginning to think its superior to that brilliant album.Buy and enjoy.....you just can't go wrong...its superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Robert Plant's finest hour-and-a-bit, 27 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (Audio CD)
Robert Plant's career features some of the most celebrated music in rock history...Led Zeppelin...ya-de-ya-de-ya-da... This album (IMHO) represents his finest work. Thirteen years after LZ, with 5 and a bit solo albums and several dodgy 80's moments between himself and his past, RP finally seemed to come to terms with what he does best and released this album of joyous, evocative music. There are no fillers on this album - Calling to You supplies a dramatic opening to a set punctuated by moments of sublime beauty (Great Spirit), nostalgia (If I Were a Carpenter), pop music (29 Palms & I Believe), love (The Greatest Gift), sex (Promised Land) and the ultimate in lemon-sucking, toungue-in-cheek, stop-moping-and-enjoy-yourself lyric "Life is a big tambourine - the more that you shake it, the better is seems." I love this album and, like all good music, it sounds as fresh today as it did when it was released. Ironic then, that this should be his last solo effort before he folded up his tent and went back to work with Jimmy Page. Excellent though all their collaborations were, they didn't come close to reproducing the magic of "Fate of Nations."

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Fate Of Nations (MP3 Download)
This album should be in everyones collection. You don't have to be a dedicated Plant fan to appreciate the quality here. Fate Of Nations stands out (to me at least), as RP's best work, including his time with Led Zeppelin. And I'm a dedicated Zep' fan. If you have a top 100 albums you want to own, Fate of Nations should be up there with the best of them.

Get it. You won't regret buying this classic.

Fate Of Nations
Fate Of Nations by Robert Plant (Audio CD - 1997)