5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 4 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
Simply one of the most beatiful cds I've ever heard. Kind of gipsy and melancholic songs, but very consistent, and with songs that make us want to sing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sultry, and dark, dreamy,. One to get under your skin, 17 May 2007
Michael J. Law "eurolease" (Teulada Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
La Llorona is one of those CDs that somehow you reach for night after night.If you, like me, enjoyed the Frida (Khalo) film soundtrack, Lila Downs "La Linea",this is a must have. If you haven't heard the others then buy all three. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 20 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
This album is simply beautiful. The girl's voice is pure and emotional and the music is wonderfully evocative. This cd has been played and replayed by me and copied by almost everyone who's heard it - from straight-down-the-line rockers to disco-bunnies. It seems to have something which appeals to everyone, a mark of greatness.

5.0 out of 5 stars No messing .., 17 Mar 2008
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
... what a beautiful voice; dark, emotional, evocative, chocolatey, husky, smooth, intimate, powerful ... it's all of these and much much more. The best I've heard in a long long time. Highly recommended for reasons that others have given. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars simply great, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
Llasa was such a great singer. It has shame she's passed away!! Her Mexican heritage gives a special taste to her music and her way of singing was simply pure feelings in music. We'll miss u Llhasa

5.0 out of 5 stars Soulful, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
This album is much played. Not my usual taste but has opened up a new direction in music for me to explore Like Janis Joplin, Lhasa is ahead of her time. A very soulful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is superb, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
I was introduced to Lhasa's music by a friend of mine and I adore this album. It's soaring and soothing; great as background music with friends or just lazing about in the evening by an open fire with a glass of fruity red wine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 20 April 2013
This review is from: La Llorona (MP3 Download)
Great south american artist. If you like passionate Spanish lyrics this is the one for you.
Easy to download and highly enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars You mean you don't have this already?, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
This album contains some of the most breathtaking songs ever recorded ('De Cara A La Pared', 'El Desierto', 'El Payande'. 'Por Eso Me Quedo') mixed in with some hugely unconvincing klezmer/gypsy songs that leave me wondering where all the diamonds on the album came from. Doesn't matter, this is one of the impressive works I have ever heard. Having listened to it now a hundred times and more, every single time I still feel I am looking all the way down into the Well of Souls. Handle with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic CD but won't play on my PC, 10 Aug 2012
Mr. Paul S. Lyons "leo" (folkestone, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Llorona (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic - an absolute classic. Great songs, great vocals and great percussion.But it will not play on my computer's CD-Rom. Or rather it will play but sounds as if it is being listened to through a very crackly paper bag. Plays fine on my hi-fi and in my car . All my other CDs play fine on the computer. I am guessing there is some weird copy protection on it. Very annoying as I listen to music a lot when working on the PC and I have bought the damn thing!

La Llorona
La Llorona by Lhasa De Sela (Audio CD - 1998)