Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 December 2008
By the end of the eighties/early nineties both my favourite bands UFO and MSG went AOR. Despite all the spandex and hair extensions this particular offering was probably about the best of this period. I was never a fan of Robin McAuley but the guys do a cracking job on this one. This has the best songs from the McAuley Schenker Group era, with only "Save Yourself" missing, a blistering track that could not be done justice acoustically. With Spencer Sercombe added to fill out the guitar section this is very professionally done with "Gimme Your Love" and "Bad Boys" not suffering from the transformation. I also really like the version of UFO's "Natural Thing" which Robin sings well and Schenker goes off on a hill-billy sounding acoustic solo straight from "Deliverance". "Nightmare" also has a very good feel, almost hauntingly eerie. "Doctor Doctor" and "Lights Out" are OK but I don't care to much for the UFO classics at the end which are best left to Mogg and Co. This therefore serves as the "Best of " but you must get the heavier version of "Save Yourself" from an album called "The Greatest 80's Metal Moments of All Time". Ooh... yeya!!
on 16 September 2010
Possibly the best unplugged performance ever!

Recording is great, and the imagination of Michael in improvisiong songs makes it better.

The acustic version of songs like Doctor Doctor, What Happens to me, When Im gone, Believe in Love, Any Time shows the real talent of Michael Schenker as one of the best guitar players.
on 8 April 2012
Mcauley and Schenker, not a big fan of accoustic albums but this is a fantastic live album Schenkers playing is on top form and Mcauleys voice is outstanding, another one for the collectors.
on 3 January 2014
I actually like rock bands who do unplugged, for me it makes them more versatile. This album has great great music on from the genius that is Michael Schenker, he is very rarely anything but brilliant and my all time hero axe man.

However I'm only giving the album 3 stars again personally I don't like McAuley singing, the whole album sounds like MSG + Slade/Quiet Riot. Good but not great album, bring back Gary Barden.