Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 October 2000
This CD, along with my Misfits stuff, is the only album that I'm not sick of....I've already listened to it 6/7 times today, and I still love it to bits!!!! The only drawback is that "Sword of Damocles" is missing, but otherwise it is perfect.
on 1 February 2007
A delicious blend of vintage rock 'n' roll, kitsch pop and bravura showtunes, this is the classic soundtrack to one of the greatest - and campest - film musicals of all time. It takes you on a rollercoaster of emotional highs and lows, from the devilishly dancetastic 'Time Warp', to the Hollywood heartbreak of 'I'm Going Home'.

The definitive Rocky Horror cast - Tim Curry, Barry Bostwick, Susan Sarandon, Richard O' Brien and Meat Loaf - have their songs from the movie captured on this album. And yet...THERE ARE TWO SONGS MISSING! 'Planet Schmanet Janet', sung by Frank N Furter, and 'Sword of Damocles', sung by Rocky, are in the film but not on this album, without any explanation given in the liner notes. Adding insult to injury, two rather forgettable remixes of 'Time Warp' are tacked onto the end of the album - if they are intended to make up for the other missing songs, they do nothing of the sort.

Thankfully, the '25 Years of Absolute Pleasure' edition of the soundtrack restores the lost material. This album, of course, is still fantastically entertaining - but the glaring omissions cost it 1 star.
44 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is truly timeless music because the songs are so good, dammit! You don’t even need to have see the movie to enjoy this as a great pop-rock album, but I recommend you do if you're one of the few that hasn't. Every singly track has something going for it, and they are all memorable, with soaring melodies and stunning vocals. There’s real old-time rock ‘n roll like Hot Patootie, Eddie (“When Eddie said he didn’t like his teddy/You knew he was a no-good kid,” Uptempo pop-rock like Dammit Janet, Sweet Transvestite, Touch-A Touch Me and poignant ballads like Science Fiction, Over At The Frankenstein Place, I’m Going Home and Super Heroes. It’s a delight from beginning to end.
on 10 November 2001
Almost thirty years since the music of the film first saw the light of day, the soundtrack from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is quite possibly the best sing-along soundtrack album ever. I mean, is there anyone in the world who hasn't heard such timeless classics as "Time Warp" or "Sweet Transvestite"?
This isn't an album that'll appeal to everyone - some of the tracks are pretty naff, but that's part of the fun of "Rocky Horror..". The only regret about this CD is it doesn't include the lovely ballad "Once In A While" (which was, incidentally, cut from the film). In my opinion, that was one of the best songs. Never mind, you still have a great album here, but you really need to see the movie to fully enjoy it.
Jon.
(The track "Once In A While" is part of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show: 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD Extras)
on 20 February 2002
this cd is the rocky cd taken from the actual movie version but it misses out some songs and verses of song but it is really good!
on 14 April 2015
So pleased with this, it was packaged really well, the product itself is fantastic! Played it on a loop for days and days non stop, the record is red which makes it even cooler and it contains all the Rocky Horror songs except for Planet Schmanet Janet. Although this isn't on the digital version of the soundtrack that I own either so I think this track may be on Special Editions only. Overall, really pleased, arrived on time and it's an amazing record!
on 10 July 2011
A guilty pleasure I love love love. I watched the movie some years ago and was hooked. I'm not saying I wear a basque or anything but I was watching it a lot of the time to have a sing song. I got the soundtrack and am now word perfect on everything. Its sci-fi slick and the tunes are infectious. The Timewarp, Sword of Damocles and my all time fave, Whatever happened to Saturday Night, (by Meatloaf). Honestly, when I have some cruddy banal task to do at home I can easily work through it with this to sing too. I don't know what my neighbours must think lol.
on 26 October 2014
I've only ever bought two soundtracks, I don't count the Beatles because I bought them as The Beatles not the movie, one is Star Wars, and this is the second. It's a wonderful movie and the soundtrack is as good. Timewarp, Sweet Transvestite, (It's a wonder some idiot hasn't demanded that be changed to Sweet Cross dresser), with the added, much longer, Time Warps on the end make this one of the all time great soundtracks.
on 21 August 2014
There I was one evening going to the cinema for the late show, I joined the queue and ended up getting pulled/pushed into the theatre, what I then saw was the audience stripping down to their underwear and thinking how kinky it was, then the lights dimmed and the film played, during which the audience joined in, that was my first experience of the rocky horror, I wanted more, so I bought a copy
on 4 February 2015
This is an exellent cd all those amazing songs from the movie sung by the cast members themselves are on here plus a few extras. All of the songs are great quality written songs & the cd is the best rocky horror cd to own, as like I already said the songs are the ones from the movie & propperly recorded